PDA

View Full Version : Help needed! - main harness removal

ScottyWM
07-18-2009, 11:04 AM
So I'm trying to remove the intake manifold (M50). How do you get the main wiring rail off of the injectors and fuel rail? Stupidly, I started removing the clips that hold the fuel line to the injectors, but that ain't right. The Bently manual says to just pry it off, but it doesn't seem to want to budge.

ScottyWM
07-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Never mind... I got it off. You have to open the little metal spring clips enough to go over the tabs on the injectors. Here's hoping that was the worst thing I'll encounter.

whiskychaser
07-18-2009, 12:22 PM
So I'm trying to remove the intake manifold (M50). How do you get the main wiring rail off of the injectors and fuel rail? Stupidly, I started removing the clips that hold the fuel line to the injectors, but that ain't right. The Bently manual says to just pry it off, but it doesn't seem to want to budge.
You dont need to disconnect the wiring loom. Assuming its not bolted down any more, just lever the rail up from the front. The injectors will come out with it. Just hold the rail out of the way when you are ready to remove the manifold.
I dont actually follow this guide but it may come in handy:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/BMW/techarticles/101-Projects-12-Intake-Manifold/101-Projects-12-Intake-Manifold.htm
Edit: There is a little link at the end of the article to a load more 'bonus' photos