PDA

View Full Version : what's with Grunt bushings in OZ?

shogun
07-16-2009, 07:28 AM
their website is dead and when searching with google I found that there is no answer:
Author: PKBimmer on 2009-04-06
Subject: Is Grunt Bushings still in business (106 views) (199 thread views)

Message: I ordered about a month ago, nothing. His website has not been up for some time. Does anyone have any info.
Thanks Paul

Author: PKBimmer on 2009-04-07
Subject: Re: Is Grunt Bushings still in business (UPDATE) (127 views)

Message: ON MYe28.com there are several people who have not received their bushings, some for a year. No contact...Website down.... kind of tells the story. PK

in case they are out of business, then there is only powerflex?

http://www.powerflexusa.com/

BigKriss
07-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah, I thought grunts buses were Notlec brand and I think the other people lost there money.

genphreak
07-19-2009, 11:53 PM
I bought a set from them years ago. If you've lost your money, the thing to do is chase them through your credit card provider, and request the vendor details by email if it was a third party that handled the transaction. Often it comes up on your statement, and if a third party, they usually just pass the buck automatically anyway- or fix the problem for you (as the vendor will have no comeback on them in their agreement to handle 'card not present' transactions. Find the vendor, (if they're in Oz we Aussies can do help), and let those online in the various bimmer forums know so they can get satisfcation too. Best to do these things as a group... usually nets faster results ;)

As far as I knew, Nolathane split some of their tooling many years ago, and Grunts made green bushings. Noltec made the blue ones. Nolathane make the red ones now. I've had Green and Blue and they seem identical to me. The Green ones may have been a tad harder...? All have lasted for years and sharpened up handling really well. Also, installers can't get screw up the fitment like they can fitting OE bushes. The drawback I've noticed is simply that you feel the harshness in the road and hear the tyre noise in the cabin a whole lot more.

shogun
07-20-2009, 01:37 AM
I have no outstanding money. Found the problem some days ago when a friend here asked me to byt some bushes for his Alpina B12 E32. So I remembered the Grunt and was checking with google.

Well, then better I order from Powerflex USA, they seem to have good prices, at least cheaper than U.K. and here, although the company is from the U.K.

anyone has a better source? Price Details
1 - Front Upper Control Arm Bushing (Thrust Rod) PFF5-601 $79.99
2 - Front Lower Control Arm Bushing (Track Rod)* PFF5-602 $79.99
2 - Front Lower Control Arm Bushing (Track Rod)** PFF5-620 $79.99
3 - Front Anti Roll Bar Mounting Bushing (23mm) PFF5-310-23 $51.99
3 - Front Anti Roll Bar Mounting Bushing (24mm) PFF5-310-24 $51.99
3 - Front Anti Roll Bar Mounting Bushing (25mm) PFF5-310-25 $51.99
7 - Rear Anti Roll Bar Mounting Bushing (15mm) PFR5-504-15 $51.99
7 - Rear Anti Roll Bar Mounting Bushing (18mm) PFR5-504-18 $51.99

PFF5-602 is used with steel arms. **PFF5-620 is used with alloy arms.
*Bushings are sold in the required number for one car for the specified location- When you order a part number, you will receive the driver and passenger side. This is noted at the end of the part number (x2, x4, etc.). Confirm anti-roll bar diameter before ordering.

Powerflex polyurethane bushings are designed to decrease the amount of deflection in your car's suspension for better handling, driver feedback, and tire wear. Powerflex uses premium polyurethane materials for minimal NVH (noise, vibration, harshness) and increased longevity over the stock rubber bushings. The quality of Powerflex products can be seen the moment you open the box: premium polyurethanes, detailed moldings, lube holding grooves and knurls, and 304 stainless sleeves. Each kit is supplied with a copper-based grease for extended squeak-free operation. In some applications, we have polyurethane engine/ drivetrain mount and reinforcements to reduce movement for better throttle response and more power to the wheels.

Powerflex bushings do not come in complete chassis kits. Our bushings come à la carte to fit each customer's needs*. An automobile's bushings and mounts wear at different rates making "complete-kit" bushing sets unnecessary for most buyers. Many owners don't feel the need to replace every bushing at once, having only a particular location that needs attention. Replacing only the "weak links" in your car's suspension is a great way to tighten handling without stressing the budget.

Bushings come in pre-determined durometers (measured hardness) from Powerflex to work best in each particular location. If you feel you need a softer or harder compound to suite your particular needs and the option is not available, contact us. We can custom order in durometers ranging from 70A(Yellow), 80A(Purple), and 95A(Black). 70A is slightly harder than rubber and works great for drivers looking for a slight increase in chassis response. 70A is not suggested in certain location due to its lack of rigidity. 80A is noticeably harder than rubber and makes a great performance street material that retails low levels of NVH. 95A is the hardest, and can be used in certain locations with minimal NVH. For most locations, 95A is used for aggressive/track use only. Custom durometer bushing sets take at least 4 weeks for delivery.

Powerflex copper-based grease is supplied with every dynamic product. We suggest using only a copper-based grease for lubrication. Due to grooves and knurls cast into the material to hold the lubricant, bushings will rarely need re-lubing. We do not suggest using an "anti-seize" product for lubrication.

All Powerflex bushings are made in the UK and come with a 1 year, unlimited mile warranty.

http://store.powerflexusa.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=powerflex&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=572170436&Count2=489310860

bubba966
07-20-2009, 02:26 PM
You should know that the UK M5board guys have found the purple powerflex bushings to not last in their E34 M5's. They have found the black ones to be good though.

BigKriss
07-20-2009, 04:30 PM
do you have a link showing us info about this?

You should know that the UK M5board guys have found the purple powerflex bushings to not last in their E34 M5's. They have found the black ones to be good though.

bubba966
07-21-2009, 01:23 PM
do you have a link showing us info about this?

Don't have a link to a specific thread, but here's the E34 M5 subforum over there.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/

it's been discussed many times over there in the last couple of years (I've only been over there a bit over 2 years). They were finding the purple powerflex bushings to not even last as long as rubber OE style bushings. Last time I heard of someone trying the purple ones they melted away on him.

But I don't ever recall hearing about anyone having problems with the black ones. Those last like they're supposed to. And most of those guys take their cars to the Nurburgring a few times a year and still haven't killed the black powerflex bushings.

Go ahead and try the purple ones if you like. But I don't recall hearing any of those guys getting them to last longer than a year. And most of them failed in well under a year.