PDA

View Full Version : Lowering a 525i

Unregistered
06-08-2004, 04:35 PM
What would be the best way to properly lower a stock 525i? I was thinking about ordering the Eibach springs from bavauto then later putting on the mtech bars. Or should I put the bars on first then the springs later? After this is all done I want to pickup some OEM 16" wheels. My goal is to improve handling somewhat.

RobPatt 93 525ia
06-08-2004, 07:52 PM
to lower, and some beefier swaybars to square up cornering....

What would be the best way to properly lower a stock 525i? I was thinking about ordering the Eibach springs from bavauto then later putting on the mtech bars. Or should I put the bars on first then the springs later? After this is all done I want to pickup some OEM 16" wheels. My goal is to improve handling somewhat.

Geoff Hoad
06-08-2004, 11:23 PM
If your objective is an improvement in handling my suggestion would be to do it in stages. Firstly buy a set of M5/Mtech sway bars (same part #) which will eliminate the awful body roll an E34 has. next the shocks and springs. Personally I gfavour the Eibach's but they can be a little too aggressive and stiff. Consider an M-Tech spring and shock set, which is very similar to the Sachs/Boge sports combination.

Hope this helps,

avitt2
06-09-2004, 03:02 AM
I just installed M-Tech springs with Bilstein Tourings on my 540. I got mimimal drop in the rear, and almost none in the front (and that's with the V8). I am a little disappointed with the gap, but the ride is great. Here's a picture with 17" wheels:

http://members.aol.com/avitt/MTechs.jpg