PDA

View Full Version : Touch in/up paint

whiskychaser
07-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Anyone used products like this?:
http://www.cartouchuppaints.co.uk/bmwtouchuppaint.php
I've got:
A 1ft scratch on the n/s rear wing. Not down to the metal but showing white and a nice groove to the touch. Probably caused by some small child's bike handle bars
Two Small dings where some considerate soul has opened their door against mine-probably about an inch wide x 1/4 deep. 1 white and 1 rusting
A 4 x 1/8" rust mark on the roof seam. Cant begin to imagine how got there.
A rust mark where there is a join on the sill seam on o/s
A 2x2" area of bubbling on the n/s rear wheel arch
I'm more used to grinding down to bare metal, hammering holes so the bad bits go inwards and filling to a level. Can anybody recommend something that will suit an application somewhere between dotting an 'i' and my usual 1/4 panel approach?

BMWDriver
07-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I've used BMW's kit for fixing scratches to good effect, even on some rusty spots, albeit less than 1/4" in size. Anything as big as you say requires a can and sanding, as well as rust treatment, which I have also done. Some I must redo properly. Except perhaps for the long scratch I should say, from your description. In that case, the brush would be handy indeed, because the one in the BMW kit is not the best.

tim eh?
07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I doubt you want tips from me about painting but if you are going to use a brush for anything it is worth going to an art supply store and getting a few nice ones - it really makes a difference.