632 Regal
07-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Poll

bsell
07-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Poll

I'll play...

Open beer, drink. Look for charcoal.

Find charcoal, celebrate with new can of beer. Open, drink.

Dump charcoal in grill, celebrate with a new can of beer. Open, drink.

Look for lighter fluid.

Find lighter fluid, celebrate with a new can of beer. Open, drink.

Squirt half the bottle of fluid on charcoal. Damn, no matches.

Look for matches.

Find matches, celebrate with a new can of beer. Open, drink.

Add more lighter fluid to 'ensure' the charcoal starts. Repeat.

Pat pockets looking for matches, found them in the last pocket. Pick up from ground after dropping them. Strike match and throw on charcoal. Damn wind, blew out the match! Repeat, take care with last match from new book, succeed in lighting fire and shaving at the same time. Celebrate with a new can of beer. Open, drink.

Sit down to 'relax' while coals get ready. 'Rest eyes' for just a little bit. Wake up to wife and kids screaming they are hungry. Notice charcoal is finished and you have a case of 'chair ass.'

Open beer, drink. Look for charcoal...

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Poll

I always got something going every weekend.

My place looks like a home for wayward E34s

bsell
07-03-2009, 07:17 AM

Oh...he meant what are we planning on doing to our rides this weekend! :D

I've got a 2 sets of sway bar links and 2 dogbones to do...yea!

Brian

Kibokojoe
07-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Remove locks and clean
Adjust driver side lock
Rust bullet on passenger door
Might even tackle the dancing fuel gauge problem. Need to find out how low the fuel is in the tank

repenttokyo
07-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Nothing - I'm taking my Miata to New Hampshire Motor Speedway for 2 days of track time Sunday and Monday, so I have to get it ready for that.

mzarifkar
07-03-2009, 12:36 PM
serpentine and AC belt
possible rust trackdown on passenger door too

632 Regal
07-03-2009, 06:35 PM
finished up some loose end maintenance items and ready for the small town fireworks.

Kibokojoe
07-03-2009, 09:35 PM
Drivers side lock didn't need adjusting. PO zip stripped the lock actuator in place because the bracket was broken. I removed the handle with the broken piece of the bracket. I then moved all of the wiring and rubber pieces out of the way. Then using a strip of aluminum and alumiweld I welded the broken piece back on. At first I tried just welding with the alumiweld but the map gas was too hot for the pot metal bracket and it started to pool. I then strapped on a small piece of aluminum on to the bracket and bent the aluminum to match the curve of the bracket. I then directed the mapp gas flame directly on the aluminum and this seem to direct the heat away from the pot metal but still allowed the bracket to get hot enough to accept the alumiweld. Wasn't the prettiest job but now the pot metal has been reinforced and is now stronger than steel. Alumiweld is some amazing stuff.

tim eh?
07-04-2009, 08:16 AM

same here and I only have one car!!!! yesterday I did some bondo and I didn't even have the day off... hope you all had a good holiday!

repenttokyo
07-04-2009, 11:17 AM
finished up some loose end maintenance items and ready for the small town fireworks.

is that some kind of euphemism?

whiskychaser
07-04-2009, 12:56 PM
I read here that 1.9 million jobs depend on you having a beer:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-beer-sales-rank-1-on-4th-of-july
I'm surprised your govt hasnt come up with the same slogan as ours:
'drink responsibly'. After all, you have your mates' jobs to think about. No slacking now!

bsell
07-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Oh...he meant what are we planning on doing to our rides this weekend! :D

I've got a 2 sets of sway bar links and 2 dogbones to do...yea!

Brian

Did you all complete your projects? I did!

The only hangup was one dogbone bolt on the right side. The sleeve of the dogbone was stuck to the bolt. Luckily I went to the auto-hobby shop to do this as the vise and a deepwell socket made a quick and useful press to save the day.

Two hours from sign-in to sign-out (includes mopping the stall...). If I had access to an air ratchet next time and no stuck bolts, this would be an hour or so job.

Now I am contemplating the springs and struts R&R due to rear sag is too much. I figure I should replace the steering parts during that job also. But I can't see throwing $2K into this car...

So did you all get 'roundtuit' on your projects?

Brian