PDA

View Full Version : I need a larger driveway...

Bruno
06-08-2004, 10:14 AM
http://www.bmwe34.net/ebay/325i.jpg

3 E34s, and 1 E36... not bad.

The silver one is here to get a complete new grill, new rad, new lights, new bumper .....

See I didn't leave the E34 world... even though I am selling my cars.

Porschmn
06-08-2004, 10:21 AM
I finally moved into a shop/storage place. Only one BMW but five Porsches and a boat. My house looked like a German car lot. A buddy of mine had 2500 sq.ft. for the low price of free. What a deal! Just help him work on his cars and free space. I got a couple of guys together and they rent space 100.00 bucks each car. Now I am making a little money and I have a place to work on my cars and my friends can bring there cars over and work on them also. Turned out to be a great deal. Get some guys together and do the same.

Jason
06-08-2004, 10:44 AM
have on the black 535i? Any info would be great.

Thanks

Bruno
06-08-2004, 11:11 AM
have on the black 535i? Any info would be great.

Thanks

http://www.bmwe34.net/ebay/535i.jpg
BMW for sale

or these ones:
http://www.bmwe34.net/ebay/rims.jpg
RIMS ARE FOR SALE WITH TRACK TIRES.

Depending on how much I get for the car, I will pull all the mods out, exhaust, rims, brakes, MAF.... so we will see in a couple of weeks how it will go.

Phil M
06-08-2004, 11:22 AM
what ever happened to the racing dynamics wheels?

Bruno
06-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Sold for 700 US. I needed the cash to buy the E36 325is...

Jason
06-08-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm looking for a wheel thats easier to clean than my style 5's and i think those look great, what size are they?

Bruno
06-08-2004, 11:49 AM
17x8 or 8.5

They are great and really look sexy... I will post all the parts I will pull out of the car in a couple of weeks.

- I already have a complete Brand new BMW E34 floor mats never opened.
- 17" track rims with track tires.
- 2nd generation MAF (the one without the on board control)

AllanS
06-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Those are Stern wheels, correct? Do you have a price for them in mind?

What color floor mats are those?

Allan

Bruno
06-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Yep stern wheels. I will probably ask 600US with tires as one of the rim has some curb rash.

The floor mats are black.

AllanS
06-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Six.... hundred.... dollars..... for Stern wheels with meat?! Holy crap that's a good price. If I wasn't planning on giving Tiger some cash for his RX7, then I might be interested. Those aren't even really sold in the US as far as I know- I contacted ADR a few months ago and they basically told me tough luck getting them for a while.

Jeff N.
06-08-2004, 01:44 PM

Jason
06-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Please let me know if they become available. oh and the mats too.

Bruno
06-08-2004, 02:13 PM
mats are available anytime as I won't sell them with the car. email me when you want them.

I am going to Michigan to pick 3 sets of E36 rims in a couple of weeks. I will be able to ship them from there, to save on shipping.

AllanS
06-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Without the turbos of course.

Jeff N.
06-08-2004, 03:23 PM
...that's coming I suspect. :)

Bruno
06-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Not true...
I am just trying to unload the E34s, then buy two more E36, one for the fiance and one for daily driver.

AllanS
06-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Would he be able to race in any class other than a modified one if he had a turbo though?

darron525
06-09-2004, 12:20 AM
17x8 or 8.5

They are great and really look sexy... I will post all the parts I will pull out of the car in a couple of weeks.

- I already have a complete Brand new BMW E34 floor mats never opened.
- 17" track rims with track tires.
- 2nd generation MAF (the one without the on board control)
Bruno,
are the foor mats oem? and how much are you asking?

darron 93/525i

AllanS
06-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Ohhh, I thought it was for club racing, my bad. Turbo on, then!

Bruno
06-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Bruno,
are the foor mats oem? and how much are you asking?

darron 93/525i

I don't know how much they go for... But they are brand new and still in the package.

Bruno
06-09-2004, 10:01 AM
1 x for being a club racer prepared class
1 x for a daily driver ( I will keep the 525i while I am looking for a 3)
1 x 318i for the fiance.... that should be fast enough.

Bruno
06-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Would he be able to race in any class other than a modified one if he had a turbo though?

I think there is two modifed class, one with the stock motor and another one for fully prepared... Then you need big big money.

George Mann
06-09-2004, 12:04 PM
no. 5's? If so what kind of shape are they in? Gordon doesn't seem to want to sell his. Maybe we will play musical chairs with our wheels.
Any pics?
George

Bruno
06-09-2004, 12:09 PM
no. 5's? If so what kind of shape are they in? Gordon doesn't seem to want to sell his. Maybe we will play musical chairs with our wheels.
Any pics?
George

So George you decided after all to pick up some #5??? They will look super sexy on your car, you do know that...

A pain to clean, but they do look good. BTY, I will be in Michigan in a couple of weeks to pick up some rims that I will get shipped there. If you don't mind I will stop by. (with the Van hehehe)

George Mann
06-09-2004, 12:23 PM
as I started a new job and have been commuting to my girl friend's crib a bit up North for the summer. You are always welcome at my house Bruno...you know that, so stop on by...will try to be home that weekend if you are coming but this time of year it is generally hit and miss for me. No prob sending parts to my place...only issue is I will likely not be there to receive them...if you can provide instructions to the shipper to leave the parts on my deck in the back, they should be safe. As to the no.5's...I completely agree...beautiful wheels on these cars...didn't change my mind, as I never ruled them out. Just keeping an eye out for a clean, straight set from a buyer I can trust. Other option is throwing stars...over and above the very rare Alpinas that Drew used to have which I also think look "right".
Let me know your schedule for coming out.
George

MicahO
06-09-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm terribly partial to them as a design, happen to think that they compliment the Son-of-Seven (e34) as well as the e32, and that they compliment them better than the #5's.

But beyond a basic subjective bias, there are other things to consider -

1) shimmy - no need for hubcentrics on the TStar - therefore somewhat more tolerant of slight imbalances. These cars are subject to enough wobble without forcing non-hubcentric rims on them.

2) cleaning - no comparison, and if you're on the road back and forth to the G-Friend's pad, you've got less time for cleaning!

;)

Jason
06-09-2004, 12:45 PM
The set (4) is in very good shape. I will take some pics when i get the camera ready,

Jason
06-09-2004, 01:14 PM
That I'm not in a rush, I have been looking for suitable replacements though...
just want to keep you on the same page.

George Mann
06-09-2004, 05:10 PM
when you get a chance as I am interested. To Micah's point...and I agree...T-stars functionally may be the best selection...a very robust wheel that is visually beautiful on these cars as well. The no.5's however really make a statement. Jr's and Gordon's car come to mind. The issue in either case for me is condition...looking for a nice clean set that don't need refinishing. It generally is preferred for me to buy from a forum member versus finding them on e-bay or buying from someone unknown. Perhaps others can weigh in with any shimmy issues with their no. 5's....Jason you have any issue with shimmy? Understand that Gordon has had this issue a bit with his no. 5's. Introducing hub-centric rings may incrementally increase wheel runnout to the hub due to not only clearance between the ring and the hub but slight clearance between the ring and the larger wheel hub I.D.
Jr..if you are around...any issue with your M5 having shimmy?
Look forward to your pics Jason. If they have good rubber would be interested in the wheels plus including tires if that works for you.
George

DrewZ
06-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Euro E32 on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481486775&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT) Very cool car. Cloth manual sport seats in an E32. If I had a grey interior, I'd buy the car just for the seats. . . The car itself seems a little beat, but it sure is a neat collection of parts. . .

Drew Zacharda
6-speed Touring
http://members.aol.com/apzjd/newavatar.jpg (http://www.bmwe34.net/ASP/DURegistry/RegDetail.asp?id=100)

when you get a chance as I am interested. To Micah's point...and I agree...T-stars functionally may be the best selection...a very robust wheel that is visually beautiful on these cars as well. The no.5's however really make a statement. Jr's and Gordon's car come to mind. The issue in either case for me is condition...looking for a nice clean set that don't need refinishing. It generally is preferred for me to buy from a forum member versus finding them on e-bay or buying from someone unknown. Perhaps others can weigh in with any shimmy issues with their no. 5's....Jason you have any issue with shimmy? Understand that Gordon has had this issue a bit with his no. 5's. Introducing hub-centric rings may incrementally increase wheel runnout to the hub due to not only clearance between the ring and the hub but slight clearance between the ring and the larger wheel hub I.D.
Jr..if you are around...any issue with your M5 having shimmy?
Look forward to your pics Jason. If they have good rubber would be interested in the wheels plus including tires if that works for you.
George

Jr ///M5
06-09-2004, 08:05 PM
George, the Style 5's on the M5 were once on the 535....remember? In both cases they have never had a shimmy problem. I used the A-670 hubcentric rings from tire rack and never ran the wheels without them, so I couldn't comment on how they acted without them. From what I've gathered over the years, is that the A-670 rings from Tire Rack are specific for E39 wheels to E34's. Maybe that's why some people still have a shimmy even after they install the ring on different aftermarket wheels. This ring is made to make up the difference between the two specific BMW hub sizes. I'm partial to the 5's, and next would be the M pararells, then the throwing stars. I think the MP's would look great and be easy to clean too. I'll agree, the 5's are time consuming to clean, but when you're done.........your knees and back hurt.....=)

George Mann
06-10-2004, 11:55 AM
great that the no.5's worked well on both of your cars Jr...I do remember your white E-34...would have been another good car to buy from a board member :-) Don't agree however that the A-670 rings are specific to mounting E-39 rims on an E-34...believe they are generic spacer rings designed for disimilar rim to hub size that apply to many different wheel mounting options/wheel mfr's for these cars.
The no.5's just look right on these cars...perhaps due to a throw back to earlier cars...such as the RS wheels that came on the vaunted M6 cars...a beautiful combination as well. For my car which isn't driven daily, cleaning isn't as big a deal....course I say that now ;-)
George

Phil M
06-10-2004, 12:14 PM
That AC unit is also really cool. EDC?! and love the euro smileys. steering wheel too!

Euro E32 on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481486775&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT) Very cool car. Cloth manual sport seats in an E32. If I had a grey interior, I'd buy the car just for the seats. . . The car itself seems a little beat, but it sure is a neat collection of parts. . .

Jason
06-10-2004, 01:21 PM
I have contisports on there right now, they have about 25k on them, I will take pics of them too. i will have to email them as i am not well versed in posting

George M
06-10-2004, 06:22 PM
sounds good Jason...my e-mail address is:
mann15@msn.com Incidentally where are you located?...presume they would have to be shipped.
Thanks,
George