PDA

View Full Version : OT opinion lexus Rx350

Russell
06-16-2009, 11:56 AM
My wife wants a Lexus RX 330/350. Been looking mainly at 2007 AWD versions. Do not want to buy new.

Any opinions? Any know issues for various model years. Just aking people like yourself who know cars.

bubba966
06-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I've got some slight experience with the RX350, more though with an RX400H.

They're nice and all. But I find the driving experience to be a bit boring. Mind you I'm used to driving my M-Sport, my modded truck, or my buddies '93 M5. All of which make most vehicles seem rather boring.

So if you're not looking for an exciting driving experience I can't think of any other negatives offhand other than I think that any Lexus is a tad overpriced. But that's my opinion as I'd just rather get the regular Toyota version of a vehicle than pay the premium for the Lexus version.

Ross
06-17-2009, 06:20 AM
It's a gussied up Camry wagon.
Sport? No
Utility? No more than any standard compact car.
Vehicle? YES!

Russell
06-17-2009, 10:11 AM
It's a gussied up Camry wagon. No, its more of gussied up Highlander
Sport? No of course not
Utility? No more than any standard compact car. Car? More like a compact wagon
Vehicle? YES!

my criteria for this vehicle search is much different than for my daily driver. This vehicle is what the spouse wants! Not to mention dependability etc. Other vehicles under consideration are the prvious gen Highlander, 2008 current gen highlander and 2006 up 4runner sport. See the pattern, all Toyota based and awd.

Tiger
06-17-2009, 10:51 AM
I have test driven RX330 in 2004 when we were comparing the last two choices... and Acura MDX... I love the Lexus ride quality and solid feel. However, we needed 7 seaters so the Acura won. I have a friend whose friend own the RX330 and said it is a solid performer... no problem.

Bill R.
06-17-2009, 05:36 PM
rx300 and the rx330 and one rx350 and one rx400h hybrid.

The 300 was my favorite with the exception of the turning radius and the sure thing transmission failure, the 330 no longer had the transmission failure and the turning radius was much tighter, almost perfect for a grocery getter, the only real problem is that the fix for the trans on it causes a noticeable lag between gears as it shifts, the computer backs all the timing out and cuts power until the next gear is engaged completely
This really is irritating to most drivers and they think its going to stall, there are a couple of computer reflashes that didn't get rid of the problem but helped some.
The rx350 doesn't have this problem at all and runs fine, good choice except for the price. Used rx400h's have a cvt trans and much more power but don't get much better mileage like you'd expect from a hybrid. There have been about 4 recalls on the rx400h , none that i know of on the 350. I'd definitely buy a 350, if you got a 330 i would expect the usual complaints about the shifting and hesitation.

My wife wants a Lexus RX 330/350. Been looking mainly at 2007 AWD versions. Do not want to buy new.

Any opinions? Any know issues for various model years. Just aking people like yourself who know cars.

Russell
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
BIll,
Excellent info. I been checking around and have come to believe the RX350 is the better RX vehicle. Now to find a good one at a reasonable price. Thanks again

Russell
06-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Anyone have any other opinions? Good, bad and indifferent are welcome.