PDA

View Full Version : Financial Blog blogs about the BMW X6 M

Mordan
06-15-2009, 03:15 PM
http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/06/m-that-would-never-exist-2010-bmw-x6-m.html#disqus_thread

So what is it? It’s a sporty crossover, the likes of which have never been seen before, bringing the BMW Motorsports brand to a league of drivers who could only dream of harnessing an ultra high-performance BMW. Mostly drivers who can’t drive a stick-shift; but seriously- the X6 M defines high-performance crossovers yet defies the classic BMW M-performance formula or mantra. Again, the accountants and ad-men have clearly mastered this battle. After over 30 years of making M-enhanced BMWs for purists, the X6 M is an M for even “M-ommy” to take to the “superM-arket.”

comment from one user

I lost interest in BMW M's after the E34 M5 (the one used in 'Ronin'). Since that time the M's (once discreet and under the radar) have become blingmobiles for the status crowd, festooned with gratuitous grilles, vents, M logos and the obligatory quartet of drain-pipe sized exhausts screaming 'look at me.'

whiskychaser
06-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Rather like the look of the M3 two door. I'd say its understated. Certainly sounds well. Just seen some clown the 'trademark' twin pipes - on a diesel. Must have a sense of humour or very thick skin if you go out in public like that