PDA

View Full Version : where to get the plastic cover for the safety belt on the rear seat?

sbihue
05-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Hi,

The top plastic part on the rear seat is broken. It is part# 8 in the following

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD63&mospid=47404&btnr=52_0457&hg=52&fg=30

Any ideas where I can get this. I need one (or both) in natural color

Thanks
SB

bubba966
05-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Can get that from the dealer. Could also order it from Tischer BMW (www.getbmwparts.com).

sbihue
05-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Can get that from the dealer. Could also order it from Tischer BMW (www.getbmwparts.com).

Thanks. I already checked with my local dealer and he said it is discontinued and won't be able to get one.

shogun
05-30-2009, 11:48 PM
52208107591 natur
that part still exists, I just check in my BMW ETK, not the online stuff.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearch/pel_search.cgi?please_wait=N&forumid=&threadid=&command=DWsearch&description=52208107591&I1.x=14&I1.y=16&FILTER_TECH=ON&FILTER_SUPP=ON&FILTER_ACCE=ON&FILTER_CARE=ON&FILTER_STUF=ON&FILTER_PERF=ON&FILTER_MISC=ON&FILTER_GADG=ON&FILTER_TOOL=ON&FILTER_ABMW=ON&FILTER_BE21=ON&FILTER_BE30=ON&FILTER_BE36=ON&FILTER_BE46=ON&FILTER_BE12=ON&FILTER_BE28=ON&FILTER_BE34=ON&FILTER_BE39=ON&FILTER_BE7S=ON&FILTER_BEZ3=ON&FILTER_BE68=ON&FILTER_BE02=ON&FILTER_BEMI=ON&FILTER_BEX5=ON&FILTER_BMWM=ON

tim eh?
05-31-2009, 11:04 AM
I think it ought to be preferable for you to get a new one from pelican parts they are cheap I think but if you can't I think I have one somewhere buried away in pretty good shape. PM me and I will start digging... postage from Canada ought not to be too much.

bubba966
05-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Is this for a '95? If so, you should be getting the parchment one, not the natural one as parchment replaced natural around 92 as I recall.

Am surprised the dealer said they couldn't get it. I bought a pair of those for my car a few months back from the dealer. Though mine were black. But I'd imagine that parchment should still be available as I think that's a more common color than black.

tim eh?
05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Is this for a '95? If so, you should be getting the parchment one, not the natural one as parchment replaced natural around 92 as I recall.

very good point... mine is natur from an '89.

Ross
05-31-2009, 11:55 PM

Am surprised the dealer said they couldn't get it. I bought a pair of those for my car a few months back from the dealer. Though mine were black. But I'd imagine that parchment should still be available as I think that's a more common color than black.
Try another dealer. Maybe you have a lazy or inexperienced counterman.

Elekta
06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Is there a way to get those off without breaking them? They have to be removed to pull the seat up, but I end up snapping the little catches each time I go to pull the seat up.

sbihue
06-03-2009, 03:36 PM

Yes mine is a 95 with Vinyl (not leather) so it could be parchment. I'll check with Pelican parts.

Thanks

sbihue
06-03-2009, 03:37 PM
I think it ought to be preferable for you to get a new one from pelican parts they are cheap I think but if you can't I think I have one somewhere buried away in pretty good shape. PM me and I will start digging... postage from Canada ought not to be too much.

Let me try at another dealership and Pelican parts as well. If not then expect a PM.

Thanks for offering. Appreciate the gesture.

bubba966
06-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Yes mine is a 95 with Vinyl (not leather) so it could be parchment. I'll check with Pelican parts.

Thanks

95 is definitely parchment, not natural. I've gotten parchment pieces like that for a friends '95 525iT from the dealer. Should be no reason you can't order it from Pelican or Tischer if your local dealer is too lazy to look it up.