PDA

View Full Version : How to remove Passanger seat stuck in rear most position!!!!

sbihue
05-28-2009, 09:25 AM
The passanger seat on my M50 is stuck in the almost the rear most position covering the rear bolts. It quit its horizontal movement a month ago.

The back (recline) and the vertical seat movement are both twisted. I was trying to do a in car seat twist fix (from the front) but one each of the 8mm screw(bolts) on the front motor (Vertical movement) and one on the rear motor (for recline) towards the driver side are almost impossible to access with not enough space for the 8mm ratchet wrench. I have enough clearence under the seat though and was able to fix the twist for the left side (towards the door) of the passanger seat howeber there is not enough clearence for one of the 8mm bolts on the rear motor (towards the drivers seat) and I cannot put even the thinnest spanner.

I am ok getting the seat out however have no idea how to!! With the horizontal movement disabled, I am unable to access the rear bolts. I checked the fuses in the engine bay and they are all good. Is there a way to get life into the motors to be able to move that seat forward or any other tips/tricks I could use to get it out

Thanks
SB

632 Regal
05-28-2009, 09:37 AM
if you cant get the cable end out from the motor you cant move the seat. If you can you can use a drill to move the position hopefully enough to remove the 2 rear bolts. Once those are out raise the rear bottom of the seat 45% or so and slide the front part back and it should slide out... good luck sounds like a PITA

Bo525i
05-28-2009, 11:20 AM
There´s something here in the 35 52 003 pic:

sbihue
05-28-2009, 01:20 PM
There´s something here in the 35 52 003 pic:

Thanks. Looks like it may work. Will give it a shot tonight or over the weekend