PDA

View Full Version : Alarm goes off after unlocking car with keyless remote

ArnZ!
05-25-2009, 08:27 AM
hey fellas

I had a flat battery this morning so i used the emergency unlock procedure to open my door so i can actually get to my battery.

Battery was fully discharged because the passenger seat position switch was stuck, so the motor was trying to move the seat for the last 24 hours which explains the battery drain.

Since then the car is now since fully charged but now i have another problem.

Every time i unlock the car with my after market immobilizer remote then open the door the car alarm goes off. Also, the siren for the after market alarm is turned off so the alarm thats going off is what i assume to be the factory siren.

I have read in the owners manual about the "thief proofing device" which can be activated by turning the key a little more when locking the car..... because i have locked the car by the key (as the battery didn't have enough power to be locked by the remote) could i have accidently activated the thief proof device which explains why i set off the alarm each time i open my door?

hope what i say makes sense. if not i will make a video tomorrow.

genphreak
06-04-2009, 09:07 AM
The built in alarm on this model will sound if you hit the ignition wihtout unlocking the door. (hotwire it). This year is not so well documented- and subsequent years had perhaps 4 or more different kinds of alarm. I've only managed to set it off on mine once or twice, both times it was key in ignition and low battery. If your battery is not maintaining 12.5V after a day of not running and is not 13.8V when charged and running in the car, it is dying adn may be root cause. She may just need a good charge- a long drive perhaps - or a new battery. They last longer under the seat than in the engine bay, but still every 3 years you may need one, depends if you discharge it a lot, live somewhere in the cold, lie driving with your lights on in the day like some seem to think is cool to do, do short distances or long and do clutch starts and the like to save the main drain.