PDA

View Full Version : my E34 is going right when breaking

Mordan
05-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Hello

after fixing a lot of things on my E34. I want to fix my breaking

I have to press the brake pedal very very far to get any brakes. but it does brake in the end. and the car steers to the right when braking.

the front tyres are really old. is it a factor?

there is what I have already done.

new engine (old overheated with the PO because of a heater radiator leak!!!!!)
new radiator
new heater radiator
new roof lining because of a ****ed up hose. guys tell you this is one stupid flaw of sunroofs. the hose gets compressed and whatever happens water won't flow through it. only way is to remove the roof, get the hose away, bring on a hose clamp and clamp the compressed part of the hose. That's what I did and the job sucked big time.

whiskychaser
05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Hello

after fixing a lot of things on my E34. I want to fix my breaking

I have to press the brake pedal very very far to get any brakes. but it does brake in the end. and the car steers to the right when braking.

I'd start by having a look at the front brakes to see if the left is working properly or the right is seized on. (You might not even feel it if one of the rears isnt working). The 'long pedal' may just be you need new pads. But a hot brake can cause the fluid to boil and you end up with air in the system. With the engine running, does the pedal 'come up' if you pump it?

Tiger
05-23-2009, 02:59 PM
I think you need to change your master cylinder and brake fluid for the pedal problem.

As for pulling right... usually wheel alignment problem.

Take a look at your front brake pads... if both side wears equaly... comparing left wheel to right wheels... then no problem with your caliper... so the above master cylinder is the problem.

632 Regal
05-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Brake fluid is a maintenance item and should be changed every 2 years (?) You may have air in the ABS unit which can cause all sorts of problems. As stated here check for even wear on the front pads. Old worn tires can definitely contribute to pulling when braking but with a low peddle I would guess you may have more than one problem.