PDA

View Full Version : rebuild 94 540I

mrbmw1
06-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey guys just drove from Miami to Jacksonville great ride except for a few bad drivers. I am going to rebuild it now has anuyone ever gone complete high performance engine rebuild?

Tiger
06-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Why rebuild the engine if it is good?

Bill H.
06-08-2004, 12:49 PM
:D
I-95 North from South Florida is a fine cruisin' hiway for a V8 BMW!

MBXB
06-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Throw an EAT chip in it, and enjoy the drive! Don't mess with it unless it's broke!

G Feller
06-08-2004, 03:51 PM
I think you might have meant that the drive from Miami to Jacksonville was nice except for the bad drivers you encountered along the way? Or did the car itself have some bad drivers before you got it?

And now you are planning to rebuild the 170k-mile motor on your 540. Please let us know what factors lead you to believe it is time for a rebuild. That is a pretty good number of miles for a 540, but then again it might not be for a few of us in 15 years, we'd love to know what shape it's in.

Although a certain "Pat P." has done some scary **** with 6-cylinder models, The basic answer is NO, I believe: We don't really know anyone who has done a high-performance tuning of an E34 V8. Which means we are very interested to hear what you have in mind!?

Details, man. That's what we hunger for.

Cheers,

Greg

Hey guys just drove from Miami to Jacksonville great ride except for a few bad drivers. I am going to rebuild it now has anuyone ever gone complete high performance engine rebuild?

Robin-535im
06-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Although a certain "Pat P." has done some scary **** with 6-cylinder models, The basic answer is NO, I believe: We don't really know anyone who has done a high-performance tuning of an E34 V8. Which means we are very interested to hear what you have in mind!?

:)

DueyT
06-08-2004, 11:47 PM
What about Jimmy540?
:)Robin, you mean the guy with the automatic transmission? :D