PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this parts car??

Kibokojoe
05-20-2009, 12:16 PM
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1990 750IL parts car. I know this car has a 12 cylinder and my other cars have 6 cylinders. Other than the engine difference what can I take from the 750iL to put on the 735i, headlights? foglights? CD changer? Grill? etc....

I currently own a 1989 535i and a 1991 735i.

632 Regal
05-21-2009, 12:55 AM
what can I take from the 750iL to put on the 735i, headlights? foglights? CD changer? Grill? etc....

Floormats?

Blitzkrieg Bob
05-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Rear power seats

Rear consol

Hood and wide grill

Brakes

Rear window blind

Spare tire gas tank

shogun
05-21-2009, 02:06 AM
rear power seats is a bit of a problem, because your 735 is a bit shorter, so they cannot be extended completely, seats will rub on rear door panels. But basically it is possible. And the bracket has to be welded in to hold the single seats.
Front axle, cluster, OBC, all interior, front doors, LKM, RM, fuses, fuse housings, relais a lot, GM, RM, switches, headlights, taillights, trunk lid, front and rear fenders, front floor mats, center console, sword, IHKA, IHKA control panel, front windshield, rear glass, front door glass, wheels, shocks, blower fan,
not: brake booster, transmission (bigger bell housing and torque converter on the 750), brake master, radiator, engine, engine wire looms, MOTRONIKs and EML, driveshaft, engine, intakes, airfilters, airfilter boxes, throttle valves, MAFs, fuel pumps, fuel tank lid....

Kibokojoe
05-21-2009, 08:17 PM
So for $1000 USD it sounds like a deal. Wish I had a spare bay to tear it down in. Its a gray interior whereas my 7 has a dark blue. Doors are rusted but the interior is in good shape especially the seats. Engine sounds good but is running rough. Oil filter canister is loose and oil was pouring out of it when it was running. Oh to have a barn :)

rear power seats is a bit of a problem, because your 735 is a bit shorter, so they cannot be extended completely, seats will rub on rear door panels. But basically it is possible. And the bracket has to be welded in to hold the single seats.
Front axle, cluster, OBC, all interior, front doors, LKM, RM, fuses, fuse housings, relais a lot, GM, RM, switches, headlights, taillights, trunk lid, front and rear fenders, front floor mats, center console, sword, IHKA, IHKA control panel, front windshield, rear glass, front door glass, wheels, shocks, blower fan,
not: brake booster, transmission (bigger bell housing and torque converter on the 750), brake master, radiator, engine, engine wire looms, MOTRONIKs and EML, driveshaft, engine, intakes, airfilters, airfilter boxes, throttle valves, MAFs, fuel pumps, fuel tank lid....

Gene in NC
06-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Classic rule of thumb for parts car value. Price to pay is for a parts car is cost for parts that are needed now.

Kibokojoe
06-14-2009, 07:24 PM
Just got a quote for a two car garage, should have it built by this fall, will be nice to have a place to work/paint etc where it is warm. Can't wait :)

Classic rule of thumb for parts car value. Price to pay is for a parts car is cost for parts that are needed now.