PDA

View Full Version : Dash light

garysaini
06-07-2004, 10:16 AM
The light behind the fuel gauge on the instrument cluster is off. I think I need to replace the bulb. Can anyone recommend some good instructions / tips?

Its a 1995 525i auto.

rickm
06-07-2004, 10:39 AM
Its a 1995 525i auto.

The Bentley has instructions on this. The best piece of advice?

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!

Say what?

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!

You heard me right. You don't want to be another one who ends up going to the stealer to get the airbag light reset. :)

dca
06-09-2004, 04:27 AM
pull telescopic steering wheel to top position,remove two top screws, pull cluster towards you, disconnect connectors from back, and slide cluster while turning steering wheel to left. that is easy.but be carefull not to scratch the cluster. before you start disconnect your negative cable of your battery. unless, you have to reset your srs light. use 3 watts rated bulbs.

Bill R.
06-09-2004, 09:35 AM
1990 that i used for an example when i did this page... Your battery is under the rear seat and you may have a different size bolt that holds your steering wheel on instead of a nut...
Check here (http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/airBagAndBulbs_files/airBagAndBulbs.html)

The light behind the fuel gauge on the instrument cluster is off. I think I need to replace the bulb. Can anyone recommend some good instructions / tips?

Its a 1995 525i auto.