PDA

View Full Version : fuel strap replacement DIY help

InfernoM3
06-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Hi need help w/ replacing my fuel straps. I know some of u guys have done this. I ordered the parts according to one of the threads on here. Anyway I have the straps bolts and spacers. First off having trouble taking off the bolts toward the rear bumper. The original ones are kinda rusty and the 6mm hex socket hard to get in. I'm gonna try again tmorrow and remove the bumper. maybe that will let me get in more. What i dont understand is how to remove the strap toward the middle of the car. there is no bolt its kinda like a hook or cliponto something. Do I need to remove the metal plate in front of the fuel tank to get the strap off? Basically I need info on how to get the straps off. Any info would be great. thanks.

InfernoM3
06-08-2004, 04:35 PM
bump

G-man
06-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Yes you need to remove the metal plate......once you do you will see where the strap hooks in. The bolts in the back by the bumper were hard to get off on my car also, but I didn't have to take off the bumper cover, I just let it soak in WD40 for a few hours. Good time to change the fuel filter while your at it as you have to remove it to get to the metal plate.

HTH