PDA

View Full Version : Who bought Autozone brake pads?

Tiger
04-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I am wondering about their lifetime warranty... Does that mean if you wear it down to nothing, they give you new pads for free? Have you done it? BillR?

SnakeyesTx
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Well, you used to be able to just walk in, give them your phone number and swap them for another pair. Biggest rule they had was don't wear them completely out so I used to swap them all the time every 6 months to a year; every 3 on my Jeep. :D

Bill R.
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
I am wondering about their lifetime warranty... Does that mean if you wear it down to nothing, they give you new pads for free? Have you done it? BillR?

I've done it many many times, but i'm a commercial customer so they give you a little more leeway, but even as a regular customer years ago i had no problem warrantying worn out brake pads.

Tiger
04-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Really! Wow. I was just checking it out as some of us are not wealthy and I was thinking for him... getting Autozone's Ceramic pad... he could get new sets whenever he needs them.

Have you tried out their ceramic pads Bill?

I like ceramic pads alot... Bosch and Akebono's... they are real good.

Bill R.
04-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Really! Wow. I was just checking it out as some of us are not wealthy and I was thinking for him... getting Autozone's Ceramic pad... he could get new sets whenever he needs them.

Have you tried out their ceramic pads Bill?

I like ceramic pads alot... Bosch and Akebono's... they are real
good.

Autozone duralast gold aren't so great even in the ceramic.. they tend to be a little noisy and don't last as long as most. But since they are lifetime warranty it just means you change them more often... The autozone Cmax ceramic are very good, quiet, fairly dust free and work well but they don't make them yet for most bmw's. Its a new pad for them and they are adding new applications all the time, i check periodically for the bmw ones

Tiger
04-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Mmm... yeah, I figured. Maybe that guy that I am thinking off might like that idea but me and you... we'd rather not and stick with Akebono.

Kibokojoe
04-23-2009, 09:00 PM
I installed Wagner thermoquiet pads on the rear brakes. I have had no problems and they are well made, $30.00 at autozone.

Bill R.
04-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I installed Wagner thermoquiet pads on the rear brakes. I have had no problems and they are well made, $30.00 at autozone.

You must have bought those a while back. Autozone no longer carries Wagner, or i should say at least out west they don't. They closed them out over a year ago here.

Kibokojoe
04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Hmmm Live in Dayton Ohio