PDA

View Full Version : SUSPN leveling

Unregistered
06-06-2004, 03:23 PM
My E34 gives the message SUSPN LEVELING on the panel. Joke or tragedy is that this car does not have the self levelling susp. Please does someone have an idea the thing is driving me nuts.

gacssean
06-07-2004, 04:08 PM
My E34 gives the message SUSPN LEVELING on the panel. Joke or tragedy is that this car does not have the self levelling susp. Please does someone have an idea the thing is driving me nuts.
the only thing is that it may have at one time or some one has messed with the dash lights see if your rear sway bar has a small sensor hook to the bar if it has one then the car may of had the leveling system

George Mann
06-07-2004, 04:17 PM
there may still be a camber switch on the rear suspension that is giving the CCM bad information. Some E-32 short wheelbase "i" cars suffer the same fate...get a false message in spite of no leveling suspension. Best approach is to locate the switch on the rear suspension and check it for either adjustment and/or corrosion. All the switch does is provide continuity to the CCM if out of adjustment or is corroded.
HTH,
George

Unregistered
06-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the response. Do you perhaps have an idea where this switch my be. I cannot find it.

there may still be a camber switch on the rear suspension that is giving the CCM bad information. Some E-32 short wheelbase "i" cars suffer the same fate...get a false message in spite of no leveling suspension. Best approach is to locate the switch on the rear suspension and check it for either adjustment and/or corrosion. All the switch does is provide continuity to the CCM if out of adjustment or is corroded.
HTH,
George