PDA

View Full Version : 94-95 Key question

///Sniper535
04-06-2009, 07:25 PM
When the battery is replaced on the key remote of a '94 740, does it need to be re-programmed? if so, how?

Bo525i
04-07-2009, 02:21 AM
I think its: Close all doors (IMPORTANT!!!), 5 seconds ignition in position 1, turn off and then pressing button 1 till it blinks continously holding the fob like in the pic.

If that doesn´t work try button 2 using the same procedure! :)

And remember, it is very important that you close all the doors otherwise the IR mirror will engage a block/lock that only a Bmw DIS computer can reopen!

shogun
04-07-2009, 02:41 AM
translation:
reprogramming
after a battery change the sender unit has to be re programmed (not necessary, if the battery change was done is less than 1 minute and no button has been pushed during that time. Same applies when you want to use a new sender, for example as replacement for a defective one)

- car must have been unlocked by a remote control

-close driver door
Attention! in case the driver door is not locked, the re-programming can be done, but for a future reprogramming the sender will be blocked. Unblocking can only be done by a BMW service.

turn ignition key (max. 5 seconds) in the ignition lock to position 1 and back to 0

Bo525i
04-07-2009, 06:04 AM
That part bewilders me "car must have been unlocked by a remote control" if your key´s run dead how can you unlock it using the remote?

BMWCCA1
04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
That part bewilders me "car must have been unlocked by a remote control" if your key´s run dead how can you unlock it using the remote?
You're supposed to have two of them, the way the car was originally delivered!
I believe that keeps an unauthorized person from reprogramming the locks with a blank remote. ;)

LunatiC
04-08-2009, 04:03 AM
To answer the original poster's question more specifically, I can't vouch for 7ers but on my E34 (1995 model) I don't have to reprogram the key, as long as it's without power for up to a particular time limit (I think mine's 10 secs or something). If you take longer, then all memory in the key is gone and you have to reprogram, as explained above.