PDA

View Full Version : Long-term OBC code setting possible?

e34.535i.sport
03-24-2009, 04:40 PM
I know how to set the OBC code - as in the security code that will prevent the car from starting even with the key... but it only stays on for a single code input.

Is there any way I can get the code to stay on permanently without having to set it each time I get out the car? I've become a bit security conscious lately... (Cue the scouser jokes!) :D (Yes Whisky I mean you... ;))

[Searched but couldn't find anything useful...]

whiskychaser
03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
I know how to set the OBC code - as in the security code that will prevent the car from starting even with the key... but it only stays on for a single code input.

Is there any way I can get the code to stay on permanently without having to set it each time I get out the car? I've become a bit security conscious lately... (Cue the scouser jokes!) :D (Yes Whisky I mean you... ;))

[Searched but couldn't find anything useful...]

Be fair John. I didnt even know the OBC could do that. Does it also stop somebody putting the car on bricks and nicking the wheels? ;) And your inbox is full. Probably lots of people trying to sell you some Arthur Daley type motors:D

BMWDriver
03-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Can't be done AFAIK. I have the owner's manual, and there's no other way described than to enter it manually every time. It's a good way of not forgetting your code if you only use it scarcely, I suppose.

What the CODE does :

After three failed starts (no fire without the code entered), the car will honk for 30 seconds.
If the hood is opened with the CODE feature active, the car will honk repeatedly.
If the code is not entered correctly after 3 tries, the car will honk repeatedly for 30 seconds.

632 Regal
03-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Geez, that's like violent!

What the CODE does :

After three failed starts (no fire without the code entered), the car will honk for 30 seconds.
If the hood is opened with the CODE feature active, the car will honk repeatedly.
If the code is not entered correctly after 3 tries, the car will honk repeatedly for 30 seconds.

e34.535i.sport
03-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Geez, that's like violent!

It is... Especially when you forgot you set the code and go to check your oil at 7am, neighbours = :(

e34.535i.sport
03-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Does it also stop somebody putting the car on bricks and nicking the wheels? ;)

No, me and a piece of 2x4 do that :D

e34.535i.sport
03-31-2009, 09:45 AM
Can't be done AFAIK. I have the owner's manual, and there's no other way described than to enter it manually every time. It's a good way of not forgetting your code if you only use it scarcely, I suppose.

What the CODE does :

Hmmm... Shame about that but thanks for the info! I'll save the code setting for when parking in particularly 'dodgy' areas... (Cue - Whiskychaser!) :D :D

whiskychaser
03-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Hmmm... Shame about that but thanks for the info! I'll save the code setting for when parking in particularly 'dodgy' areas... (Cue - Whiskychaser!) :D :D
The words raise and eyebrow come to mind:D