PDA

View Full Version : eibach users enter here

JesterE34
03-19-2009, 10:48 PM
got the front eibachs installed.

i cut about 1.5" off the bumpstops. here's what it looks like.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4100/1001082.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4558/1001084.jpg

i'm riding on the bumpstops. those of you with eibach springs, how much did you cut off your stops? i'm fine with cutting off some more, i'm just afraid that if i do now the car's just gonna be slammed. is somethign wrong? or did i cut just enough to make it ride on the bump stops but that also happens to be the correct ride height.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Take another good look, you shouldn't be on the bump stops.

Mine are fine with just the last ring cut off the bump stop

JesterE34
03-19-2009, 11:01 PM
no i am. i double checked. deffinitely laying on the stops.

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-19-2009, 11:09 PM
no i am. i double checked. deffinitely laying on the stops.

Try pushing the bump stop and dust cover up towards the top of the strut shaft, it might have just slipped down.

JesterE34
03-19-2009, 11:10 PM
but its literally ON it. like...there's no room for movement if i press on the front of the car.

uscharalph
03-20-2009, 02:08 AM
I'm just having an Eibach Pro Kit installed today.

repenttokyo
03-20-2009, 09:14 AM
You need to have movement when you push down on the car - no movement is not normal / healthy. What shocks are you running? I have Bilstein Sports with my Eibach shocks, and they have an internal bumpstop - so I cut out the stock bumpstops completely.

At first I mistakenly kept the stock bumpstops, and the ride was awful.

JD525IA
03-20-2009, 09:41 AM
You need to have movement when you push down on the car - no movement is not normal / healthy. What shocks are you running? I have Bilstein Sports with my Eibach shocks, and they have an internal bumpstop - so I cut out the stock bumpstops completely.

At first I mistakenly kept the stock bumpstops, and the ride was awful.

I did the front end two weekends ago, and I was worried about the bumpstops. But, the Bilstein instruction specifically said to not reinstall the bumpstops since they had their own internal ones.

So far, the ride had been great!

JD

repenttokyo
03-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I did the front end two weekends ago, and I was worried about the bumpstops. But, the Bilstein instruction specifically said to not reinstall the bumpstops since they had their own internal ones.

So far, the ride had been great!

JD

i was also concerned about it, but was re-assured by others on the board who had removed them too. it's been close to a year for me, and i also have a great ride from my car.

JesterE34
03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
i'll do some messing around tomorrow probably. had a funeral today and work in a couple hours so no time today.

repenttokyo
03-22-2009, 05:34 PM
i'll do some messing around tomorrow probably. had a funeral today and work in a couple hours so no time today.

if you could tell us what shocks you are running, it would helps us diagnose your problem.

JesterE34
03-22-2009, 08:39 PM
its the stock boge or w/e.

ended up just needing to cut more bumpstop.

made a nice order though today:

2 x bilstein HD front strut inserts
2 x rear subframe mounts
2 x rear transmission mounts.

mmmmmm

repenttokyo
03-22-2009, 08:46 PM
its the stock boge or w/e.

ended up just needing to cut more bumpstop.

made a nice order though today:

2 x bilstein HD front strut inserts
2 x rear subframe mounts
2 x rear transmission mounts.

mmmmmm

don't run bilstein HD shocks with the eibach springs. you need the bilstein sports or you will be unhappy with your ride.

JesterE34
03-22-2009, 11:35 PM
a harsh ride is fine with me.

JesterE34
03-23-2009, 12:21 AM
piss. did some checking. i thought both the HD's and SPorts had a shorter throw. turns out only the sports do.

changing my order first thing in the morning.

at least no matter what i'm guaranteed the parts by tuesday :)

repenttokyo
03-23-2009, 08:15 AM
piss. did some checking. i thought both the HD's and SPorts had a shorter throw. turns out only the sports do.

changing my order first thing in the morning.

at least no matter what i'm guaranteed the parts by tuesday :)

this is what I meant. Not harsh as in sporty, harsh as in uncomfortable with no performance benefit. Glad to see that you changed your order to sports.