PDA

View Full Version : Windshield noise

Claude
03-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Annoying on the road, the decorative trim on the upper part of the windshield (# 2 in : http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD13&mospid=47408&btnr=51_0273&hg=51&fg=05 ) no longer clip firmly as before and on the road the wind raise this trim just a bit would say about 1/8 inch it's enough to generate a wind noise i would say to more than double the normal windshield noise.

I already tried to push this trim against the retaining clips behind (2 of those on top of the driver side of the windshield), those clips are not broken and appears OK but no longer retain the trim close to the boddy as before.

Is there a way to attach this trim properly to existing clip or another fix ?

Ken35i
03-10-2009, 05:11 PM
I recently had a new windscreen fitted (by professionals) and they did away with those decerative frames altogether. They instead used a rubber frame and I haven't noticed any increase in noise. But I actually needed a new windscreen.

Edit: Spulling.

leicesterboy15
03-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Is the windshield fitted properly? I had my windshield replaced professionally but when on the motorway there was a terrible wind noise and when I used a jet wash water would come in through the seal. So I took the car back, they fitted a new windshield and the problem went away.

Claude
03-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Is the windshield fitted properly? I had my windshield replaced professionally but when on the motorway there was a terrible wind noise and when I used a jet wash water would come in through the seal. So I took the car back, they fitted a new windshield and the problem went away.

Yes the windshield fit well, my problem is really that the outside plastic trim does not stay clipped tight enough to the windshield, the 2-3 clips fixed to the windshield either no longer hold the trim tight enough or push the trim against the clips the wrong way.

Scott C
03-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Annoying on the road, the decorative trim on the upper part of the windshield (# 2 in : http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD13&mospid=47408&btnr=51_0273&hg=51&fg=05 ) no longer clip firmly as before and on the road the wind raise this trim just a bit would say about 1/8 inch it's enough to generate a wind noise i would say to more than double the normal windshield noise.

I already tried to push this trim against the retaining clips behind (2 of those on top of the driver side of the windshield), those clips are not broken and appears OK but no longer retain the trim close to the boddy as before.

Is there a way to attach this trim properly to existing clip or another fix ?

I used silicone seal to hold mine down...

Scott