PDA

View Full Version : Left or right threaded tie rod for the left hand side of the car

BigKriss
03-01-2009, 05:13 AM
A while ago I was using a pickle fork to remove the left tie rod and I just smashed the boot open, now the ball joint is gone and it makes a clucking noise everywhere I go. So I need a tie rod end for the left hand side of the car, which one? Left handed thread or right handed thread. I can't remember now, I looked under the car a long time ago, it may have been left handed but I'm unsure.

Cheers

Kristian

yaofeng
03-01-2009, 06:20 AM
If you are not sure if may have to replace the tie rod assembly which has both ends. Because when you install you can do either way.

shogun
03-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Einbauseite/installation side:außen /outer
Einbauseite:Vorderachse links/ front axle left
Einbauseite:Vorderachse rechts /front axle right

Gewindemaß 14x1,5
Gewinde: mit Rechtsgewinde = right handed thread

-------------------------------------------------------------
Einbauseite/installation side:innen/inner
Einbauseite:Vorderachse links/front axle left
Einbauseite:Vorderachse rechts/front axle right

Gewindemaß 14x1,5
Gewinde: mit Linksgewinde/left hand thread

I made the same mistake and ordered only one side, now I just ordered the other ones and have in total 4 of each soon. ;)

If you need one or 2, let me know, 4 are from Meyle, the other 4 from FEBI Bilstein.
The right hand ones are from Febi/Bilstein. These are still in the mail from Germany, the Meyle ones I have on stock here respect. in the warehouse outside town.

BigKriss
03-01-2009, 07:21 AM
ahhh sorry guys, I did say the left tie rod and there are two ends on the tie rod. i don't know how I missed that. sorry about that. I should have said the left hand side and the outer balljoint which is next to the wheel. that is the one I smashed a while ago.

From erichs information I guess it's a right handed thread
Einbauseite/installation side:außen /outer
Einbauseite:Vorderachse links/ front axle left

thanks for the offer Erich but I think I will get the parts from BMA in the usa with some other parts also.

can anyone else comment that I'm right with the right handed thread?

cheers

BigKriss
03-13-2009, 01:19 AM
so I bought a tie rod end (right handed), took off the old one on my car and wtf I need a left handed tie rod end, anyone got one for sale? :(

shogun
03-13-2009, 01:24 AM
better post the part number, that thing is quite confusing, ask me why I know ;-)

BigKriss
03-13-2009, 02:25 AM
okay I purchased 3221135820 - right handed thread

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD23&mospid=47408&btnr=32_0336&hg=32&fg=25&hl=26

better post the part number, that thing is quite confusing, ask me why I know ;-)