PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy swaybars and strut braces (performance)?

repenttokyo
02-28-2009, 05:33 PM
I see a lot of racing dynamics stuff out there, but are there any other companies I should be looking at? I also found someone who makes a rear strut brace for the sedan - sounds like I might have to do some carpet cutting in the trunk to install. Does anyone have any experience with this?

On another note - I'm looking at m par replicas from Lakeshore Wheel And Tire:

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/cgi-bin/csv/specials-search.pl?mydatabase=db1&mytemplate=tp4&search=592711F-s&search=e34

Does anyone have any experience with this company?

BigKriss
02-28-2009, 05:55 PM
I like my whiteline swaybars. whiteline.com.au

repenttokyo
02-28-2009, 07:29 PM
I should have specified - north american vendors would be preferred. But thanks!

repenttokyo
03-03-2009, 10:30 AM
any other sources?

JD525IA
03-03-2009, 01:58 PM
http://strongstrut.com/

This is the best design and most pricepoint geared brace I could find.

Not trying to spam, just sayin', I've got it on my car.

JD

repenttokyo
03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Did you notice a big difference after it was installed on your car?

pgrindstaff
03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
I've had my eye on a set of euro M5 f/r sways from any vendor that can order those parts (bma or pelican). Can get them for about the same price as the RD sway kit bavauto has. I have been torn between the two actually.

JD525IA
03-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Did you notice a big difference after it was installed on your car?

but right now my car is being driven very gently. My wife is under strict instructions to drive it like a little old lady would.

The tires are damn near bald and the suspension is shot. Both will be fixed by the end of this weekend (hopefully). I can say that from the driving I have been able to do in it so far that the tightness in the turning has improved. There is a more precise feel in steering.

The concept in a tower brace is to prevent the movement of the strut towers, which occurs in all cars. The BMW Z8 even has a notorious problem of the towers being weak and causing the hood and fenders to pinch up and deform. Can you imagine having a $100k car with that issue?

I can't wait to have new suspension and rubber and be able to get on a good turn to see the real change.

I drove a Z4 M-roadster that had a strut brace on it and the handling was incredible. Of course, the car was awesome to start with.

JD