PDA

View Full Version : door locks possessed by the devil

peterllo
02-27-2009, 04:41 PM
1995 E34, M50 auto, 205k mi

When locking the doors they get stuck in a lock/unlock cycle (about 20 times) and generally remain unlocked.

Followed the Bentley Guide reprogramming directions, that didn't help.

One note, the drivers door was replaced and this is when the problem showed up, everything looks like it was hooked up properly but how can one tell?

BMWDriver
02-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Check your fuses. Also, check if all four locks go up and down. And also check the trunk. There were threads here that told of old damaged electrical wires leading to the trunk lock that prevented the car from being locked.

I also had a similar problem where a blown 7A fuse prevented me from unlocking all doors from the passenger side. So I got one lock-unlock cycle before locking for good.

Kibokojoe
02-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Take out the door locks and clean them and relube. The old dried grease causes problems when it is cold

tim eh?
02-27-2009, 09:59 PM
lube the keylock hole... easy to try first. i used 3 in 1 oil and poured it down a nail.

not sure if this is what caused it on my car (once ever only) but i think the keyhole might have been gummed up and not turned all the way back to vertical.

bsell
02-28-2009, 03:28 AM
My misbehaving driver's door lock was 'cured' by cleaning the contacts at the relay under the rear seat...I see you have received the 'shotgun' approach to fixing your problems.;)

Good Luck,

Brian