PDA

View Full Version : Sachs Performance Kit Discontinued?

uscharalph
02-23-2009, 08:08 PM
So tommorrow my new 1993 525i is going to the mechanic for yeah or neigh on my buying the car. My 1989 has 308,000 miles on it.

I installed the Sachs Performance Kit on the 89 a few years ago and love it. The 93 hasn't been lower and I was all ready to buy & install a new kit on the new car. Problem is that Sachs has discontinued the kit for the E34.

Does anyone have an uninstalled kit lying around?

I doubt I'll get lucky and find one. If the shocks/struts on the 93 are fine apon inspection, would merely buying and installing an Eibach Pro Kit give me the same ride?

Bimmerfreaks
02-23-2009, 08:15 PM
It's funny you mention this.....I just bought a set of sachs sporting shocks and an Eibach pro-kit. The sachs were sitting in a guys garage never installed for years. I recieved them and the fronts seem to be in good shape. The rears don't seem to rebound quickly like the fronts and I am not sure if they should be that way or not. Some people tell me they are dead others tell me they are ok. They took me forever to find and I am unsure if I should install them or not. I do know somebody who is selling a set of the front shocks if you are are interested in parting it all together. Did you ever compress the rear shocks before installation and notice the rebound time. The fronts are done within seconds and my rears take about a minute.

632 Regal
02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
My Sachs turbo do this exact same thing so I would venture a guess that they are good.

Did you ever compress the rear shocks before installation and notice the rebound time. The fronts are done within seconds and my rears take about a minute.

bubba966
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Aren't Sachs & Boge the same company? I know Pelican has the Boge shocks for sale. Pair those with the Eibach spring set and you're good to go, right? That's basically what was in the Sachs kit wasn't it? Shocks & springs?

Washburn
02-23-2009, 09:53 PM
They have just lost some nitrogen gas pressure, that's what pushes the shaft back out, but that's not what does the spring damping. They should be fine if they have just been sitting around. If you don't believe me, I'll take them....I need to get shocks quick!

632 Regal
02-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes they merged and I think it's Boge/Sachs

Aren't Sachs & Boge the same company?

uscharalph
02-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Aren't Sachs & Boge the same company? I know Pelican has the Boge shocks for sale. Pair those with the Eibach spring set and you're good to go, right? That's basically what was in the Sachs kit wasn't it? Shocks & springs?
It is basically shocks and springs, but according to Sachs they were calibrated / paired / matched together and not just a set of springs and a set of shocks.

My main question is was this kit the Eibach Pro-Kit (I'm not sure if these were the springs included) and Boge/Sachs OEM struts/shocks or Boge/Sachs Sport struts/shocks?

All I know for sure is I really like the kit on my 89 and would like to duplicate it on the incomming 93.

632 Regal
02-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Springs were included. They did claim they were matched. The Boge/Sachs Turbo shocks I mentioned replaced the sports after merger as far as I know.

My main question is was this kit the Eibach Pro-Kit (I'm not sure if these were the springs included) and Boge/Sachs OEM struts/shocks or Boge/Sachs Sport struts/shocks?

uscharalph
02-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Springs were included. They did claim they were matched. The Boge/Sachs Turbo shocks I mentioned replaced the sports after merger as far as I know.
Yes springs were included, but I haven't been able to confirm that the included springs were the Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

But you are telling me that the Boge/Sachs Turbo shocks are the shocks that were included in the kit?

Bimmerfreaks
03-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Are you planning on getting rid of the sachs suspension? I have (4) shocks sitting in my garage but I need the rear spring seats or perches that rest on a clip on the shock. I can't find this anywhere, I will gladly purchase this from you if you change shocks. Please email me at victorg100 at hotmail dot com. thanks

Bimmerfreaks
03-14-2009, 10:27 PM
This is what I need...the aluminum looking ring. thanks