PDA

View Full Version : Question for people with sachs sporting suspension...

Bimmerfreaks
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
I just got a set of sachs sporting shocks from ebay. They have been sitting in a garage for a while and never used. Anyhow, I noticed when I compress the front shocks they rebound to their full extension pretty quick - within 10 seconds. The question I have is when I compress the rears, it takes some time (minutes) before they rebound and they don't come back all the way to the top or full extension. I know that the springs will assist with pulling them back up, but shouldn't they come all the way back up on their own? I didn't know if they were bad or that is how they come. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

uscharalph
02-20-2009, 02:24 PM
I couldn't tell you. I never tested the kit B4 I had it installed.

Tiger
02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
It should be quick also. Since you didn't install them, you can have Sach test them before you install them. Are both rear absorber doing that? If so, call up Sach and ask for opinion.

e34.535i.sport
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I've had new front and rear shocks and they both rebounded pretty quickly when depressed... They were Bilsteins though so not sure whether they should all do the same?

HTH

Ross
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
They are dead. They should be pressurized. The hydraulic function may still be good but without the pressurized gas the oil gets aerated and the damping ability is compromised