PDA

View Full Version : Missing bracket??

bimmerboy
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
hey guys,

Not sure what this stuff is called but i am going to give it my best. at the very back of the car next to the end of the muffler there is a large metal almost tub like structure. it sits in the middle and is pretty large. It has two brackets that 'hold it' up in place on the left and right. Well the left bracket is not longer there.

1. what is this large metal piece?
2. is the bracket in immediate fix?

thanks guys

whiskychaser
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
hey guys,

Not sure what this stuff is called but i am going to give it my best. at the very back of the car next to the end of the muffler there is a large metal almost tub like structure. it sits in the middle and is pretty large. It has two brackets that 'hold it' up in place on the left and right. Well the left bracket is not longer there.

1. what is this large metal piece?
2. is the bracket in immediate fix?

thanks guys

Does this help identify it?:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD68&mospid=47405&btnr=16_0187&hg=16&fg=05

Dave M
02-13-2009, 03:55 PM
I would go light on the fuel fill-ups and get the strap fixed/replaced ASAP. Part numbers and approximate prices (US) are listed in the link (part #10 in the diagram).

Oh, its your fuel tank ;)

Dave

Rus
02-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Inspect for fuel leaks from the hose connections when you replace the strap. The tank not being secured properly could have caused some damage to the lines.