PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting

Kibokojoe
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I need to replace the right front door window but the one I purchased does not have any tint. Where can I get a window tinted, or is this something I can do my self? If it is something I can do myself how do you determine the darkness or lightness of the tint?

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-09-2009, 07:28 PM
I need to replace the right front door window but the one I purchased does not have any tint. Where can I get a window tinted, or is this something I can do my self? If it is something I can do myself how do you determine the darkness or lightness of the tint?

Take it to a tint shop, they'll be able to match it and keep it legal.

h2oyo
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Take it to a tint shop, they'll be able to match it and keep it legal.
I agree tinting isnt as easy as it looks :D no both in asking how I would know that.

Kibokojoe
02-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah, Here in Ohio you can get in trouble if it is too dark. My sons 735i is very dark, wonder if he will get busted :)

632 Regal
02-09-2009, 10:00 PM
for what the pros charge it's a no brainer, I tried that tinting stuff in a window van looked good from the inside.

tim eh?
02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
I tried that tinting stuff in a window van looked good from the inside.

LOL what did it look like from the outside?

632 Regal
02-10-2009, 04:33 PM
the outside... every speck of dirt and dog hair was visible, looked like white spots where the tint wasn't against the glass. I spent quite some time making sure everything was clean too, that tint i used back then was so staticky it attracted everything to itself.

LOL what did it look like from the outside?

e34.535i.sport
02-11-2009, 06:16 AM
the outside... every speck of dirt and dog hair was visible, looked like white spots where the tint wasn't against the glass. I spent quite some time making sure everything was clean too, that tint i used back then was so staticky it attracted everything to itself.

Hey, how much to do mine? :D

vping
02-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Mine is way to dark, old and wrinkled. I need to remove it altogether and it's a bitch. Another project added to the list.