PDA

View Full Version : Chip install problem help!!!!

THUCK
06-04-2004, 03:01 PM
I have already emailed Mark but I was hoping one of you guys could help me quicker. I went to install Marks chip and remove a Turner chip. Everything went good but with Marks chip the car wouldnt crank. I turned the chip around and still no ignition. So I reinstalled the Turner chip and the car fired right up. I want to try Marks chip because I have heard from you guys it is the bomb. Please help if this has happened to you please let me know what to do.

califblue
06-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry don't know what to tell you . you are sure you are removing the right chip?
I just passed my smog test yesterday with Mark's Chip here in Southern California :D ( actually I had no doubt it would)

mikey535im
06-04-2004, 03:54 PM
The first attempt at installing mine, it also would not start. I removed and took a close look and discovered I had bent one of the prongs during installation , gently bent it back into position and reinstalled the chip sucessfully!
HTH
Mike

Warren N.CA
06-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Now that you have installed the chip backwards and put power to it, I would say that may be the end of the road for that chip, and you are VERY lucky your car still starts with the JC chip. I would not take any futher action until you consult with Mark. Never put in a chip backwards. The notches very clearly indicate the one and only correct alignment.

I have already emailed Mark but I was hoping one of you guys could help me quicker. I went to install Marks chip and remove a Turner chip. Everything went good but with Marks chip the car wouldnt crank. I turned the chip around and still no ignition. So I reinstalled the Turner chip and the car fired right up. I want to try Marks chip because I have heard from you guys it is the bomb. Please help if this has happened to you please let me know what to do.

MBXB
06-04-2004, 05:30 PM
I'd talk to Mark about re-burning your chip. You most probably zapped it when you installed it backwards.

rickm
06-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Spray paint your pads, rotors and caliphers while you wait for Mark to reply. (KIDDING)

On a more serious note, I believe he is in Germany for a week (I think he checks emails while he's on the road).

THUCK
06-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Mark help please I emailed you but no response...

632 Regal
06-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Marks is drinking warm beer and checkin out them german dancin ladies, he will get with you...

MarkD
06-06-2004, 02:51 AM
Mark help please I emailed you but no response...

Is your name Chris H?
(He emailed a few days ago when I was in Germany, and I replied from Hamburg, but my response is bouncing back saying "sending address refused"

I also left a voicemail on the cellphone.

Please send another email with telephone number if you are not Chris H.

Thanks

Mark

THUCK
06-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Mark I am Ted Huckabee I resent the email. My cell phone number will be sent too.

MarkD
06-07-2004, 02:36 AM
Mark I am Ted Huckabee I resent the email. My cell phone number will be sent too.

Hi Ted,

That's who I was responding to, but the name said Chris Hucke.
I'm still on German time and fell asleep early. (It's 9:13 am in Germany and time for a beer) :D I'll call around 9:30 am EST.

Mark