View Full Version : I think I'll get this 850

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/ctd/1021534290.html

Super cheap

What do you think?

Bo525i
02-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Another less "heavy" steering wheel like the 3 spoke and its perfect! Nice car, wish I had one.. ;)

Mordan
02-06-2009, 08:09 PM
cheap... :)

too many cars on the market.. too many people going broke

632 Regal
02-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Bob thats an excellent find, even if it was half of what they say its still worth every penny. If the engine is running decent you wont believe the power above 60-??? I thought mine was slow until I replaced the entire ignition system, doubled up on the power.

BMWDriver
02-06-2009, 10:21 PM
When they say everything's perfect, it's suspicious to me. So is the price. Watch out for those "I'll-ship-it-to-you,-no-charge,-and-let-you-look-at-it-for-ten-days" deals.

It also looks like a cut and paste deal, because, although he advertises it, the low mileage is not showing anywhere. Now where have I seen that little camera icon in the pics before...

632 Regal
02-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Good call on seeing the little camera deal. Bob does that look like Hawii in the back ground? I would be there in the morning with the 4.5K and ready to go.

When they say everything's perfect, it's suspicious to me. So is the price. Watch out for those "I'll-ship-it-to-you,-no-charge,-and-let-you-look-at-it-for-ten-days" deals.

It also looks like a cut and paste deal, because, although he advertises it, the low mileage is not showing anywhere. Now where have I seen that little camera icon in the pics before...

shogun
02-07-2009, 06:23 AM
first tune up should be a new silicone ignition wire set from shogun for the M70/M73 engine, special made :D
have them in blue and black
see comment from 632 Regal
http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=m70cableseten7.png

Back to the subject. Looks nice and cheap. Wish I would live near there to help you to check the engine, the V12 is my speciality as you know.
Of course the maintenance costs a hell if you let a shop do it, and there are not many shops which know these engines.
We just worked today on my friends E31 850 B12 5.0 Alpina, actually changed on his car also the ignition wire set. Much smoother running now.
Even a kind of 'ticking' sound and rough idle is gone, turned out to be one of the 12 ignition wire connectors had a haircrack and the spark went stray, sounded like a bad bearing and changed with RPM. This ticking made us real nervous for some weeks, we expected something major broken. Just one ignition wire was bad. And the rest of the wires were hard like stone, we measured them, 8 of them went into the bin, the others we keep as spare.

Ross
02-07-2009, 10:08 AM
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/ctd/1021534290.html

Super cheap

What do you think?
Ha, Beat you to it!
All I had to do was send the money Western Union and the seller(he is genuine royalty!)'s shipping agent will have the car shipped to my door.
I had to pay two thousand extra for shipping but he is sending me a cashier's check for half because he gets a royal discount on shipping.

barry 90 525i
02-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I saw this on Dallas craigslist, i was ready to go down and buy it, thought it was a scam. Guy told me i had to pay him though secure ebay fund first. Told him bring the car and title to the bank and we would exchange. Have not heard from him.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Ha, Beat you to it!
All I had to do was send the money Western Union and the seller(he is genuine royalty!)'s shipping agent will have the car shipped to my door.
I had to pay two thousand extra for shipping but he is sending me a cashier's check for half because he gets a royal discount on shipping.

Was his name Akeem from Zamunda?