PDA

View Full Version : Transprog message and snow

whiskychaser
02-03-2009, 06:24 AM
Bit of fun driving uphill on a car-lined road with the back end wagging :-) But I got the transprog message just as I turned into my street. My guess is the car didnt like the wheels spinning and threw the fault. Restarted the car and message disappeared.(My laptop is down or I would have plugged in the diagnostic). So do you guys who have to live with real amounts of snow experience this?

Ross
02-03-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't think the trans. knows or cares if the wheels are spinning. Maybe that intermittant traction caused things inside the trans to slip.
I'd be crossing myself and looking for Rosary beads about now.

whiskychaser
02-03-2009, 11:26 AM
I'd be crossing myself and looking for Rosary beads about now.
Thanks Ross. I dont think I would fit in the font though:D Will see what codes it shows when I get my laptop back

tim eh?
02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Bit of fun driving uphill on a car-lined road with the back end wagging :-) But I got the transprog message just as I turned into my street. My guess is the car didnt like the wheels spinning and threw the fault. Restarted the car and message disappeared.(My laptop is down or I would have plugged in the diagnostic). So do you guys who have to live with real amounts of snow experience this?

the weather there is making the news here... looks nasty.

I've done plenty of spinning and wagging myself and as of yet never had the trans program message in the 2 winters I've had it.
Often for me a fault that appears once only is due to a poor connection somewhere especially if water gets in and freezes. also gaskets tend to fail when exposed to freezing and refreezing (happened to my transmission last winter) but i don't know if low fluid would give a program error... :p(?)

fin
02-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Tornadoes in England a few years ago (not the RAF type that are being stood down) and now snow?

What's this world coming too?

I get the ocasional transprog message when I shut down the car. No problems noted so far.

Cheers,

Fin

whiskychaser
02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Tornadoes in England a few years ago (not the RAF type that are being stood down) and now snow?

What's this world coming too?

I get the ocasional transprog message when I shut down the car. No problems noted so far.

Cheers,

Fin

Yes the famous tornados that the weather man Mr Fish said were not going to happen. According to the news, its the worst snows for 18 years. I think its an absolute disgrace that our capital city cancels all its buses and even tubes cos of a bit of snow. I get to work and drive a truck but the bin man cant make it to my street. A pipe leaked and drowned my laptop. Nothing to do with my handywork. You just cant get the staff ;)