PDA

View Full Version : doing your own work

h2oyo
01-18-2009, 05:17 PM
I just finished doing quite a lot of work on my 95 540. Some of it was more than I thought I would be able to do but found once I'm started, with a little help from here and some from my Bentley manual things seem to work pretty good. So my question is does anyone else get that "I did it" feeling the one that makes you feel good all over except for all the sore spots like back and knees and arms and hands lol. I dont know but I feel pretty good about it. :D
johan

uscharalph
01-18-2009, 05:48 PM
I think you're talking to a whole group that feels the same way.

xspeedy
01-18-2009, 06:27 PM
I think you're talking to a whole group that feels the same way.

Speak for yourself. I love paying parts mark ups and overstated book/flag estimates that turn an oil change into a ten hour job ;)

Personally, I'd rather do the work and buy tools with the money saved. Much more fun buying tools than writing four digit checks to a shop. In the end, I get to keep the tools.

Jr ///M5
01-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Congratulations, you are making an investment in yourself, not to mention the savings you will reap by doing your own work.

A word of caution though....some of us don't know when to quit and still seek that "high" you get when the job is done and everything works properly.

If you find yourself circling the car with wrenchs in hand looking for something else to tackle, it's too late, you've got the fever and it can never be cured. You have all of us to thank for that....:D

JR

h2oyo
01-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Congratulations, you are making an investment in yourself, not to mention the savings you will reap by doing your own work.

A word of caution though....some of us don't know when to quit and still seek that "high" you get when the job is done and everything works properly.

If you find yourself circling the car with wrenchs in hand looking for something else to tackle, it's too late, you've got the fever and it can never be cured. You have all of us to thank for that....:D

JR

OMG that is funny, I was outside looking at it thinking what I could adjust lol. I guess i'm gone. I do enjoy doing my own work, but its the when it works out part I think makes me feel the best.
Johan