PDA

View Full Version : Defroster question

ahlem
01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
1990 535i.
The defrost seems to be broadcasting the warm air more generally than specifically. Is it possible that some flaps inside are not functioning or is that the normal operation? Other models I own are more direct.

shogun
01-11-2009, 09:53 PM
In case you have an IHKA climate control, the climate control module takes over the distribution and opening position of each flap based on many parameters such as speed and the signals from the temperature sensors inside the car. There are 2 sensors on each side of the center console and one behind the control panel. Maybe you clean the sensors, they can be very dirty.

ahlem
01-12-2009, 08:28 PM
I have a temperature dial on the left, the fan speed control in the middle and a temperature control dial on the right. I have the three sliders, defrost, middle vents and feet. Is that the one you were referring to? It doesn't seem real sophisticated.

shogun
01-12-2009, 10:33 PM
http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/ihka/ihka.html

ahlem
01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Nope. That's way more than what I have. Mine looks like an older e30 unit except with an extra heat control for the passenger side. Thank goodness. That one looks like a royal pain to deal with.