PDA

View Full Version : Rear Suspension Question

GoldenEagleFan
01-04-2009, 04:24 PM
I've searched and searched, but can anyone tell me if I am planning a suspension rebuild if I need to order part #2 separate, or is it a piece that is reusable from the old suspension?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/o/y/10.png

Ross
01-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Reuse

BMWCCA1
01-04-2009, 06:40 PM
It's steel, but cheap, so you can replace it if you like using new parts, but you don't really need to. I assume you're replacing part #4 !!! ;)

I ordered new ones simply because I didn't trust that the last owner had put everything back correctly, given how quickly the rear mounts destroyed themselves.

Ferret
01-05-2009, 04:52 AM
It's steel, but cheap, so you can replace it if you like using new parts, but you don't really need to. I assume you're replacing part #4 !!! ;)

I ordered new ones simply because I didn't trust that the last owner had put everything back correctly, given how quickly the rear mounts destroyed themselves.

One of these was missing on my car, and it resulted in a top mount being punched through!

GoldenEagleFan
01-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks everyone! I was planning on replacing the mounting pad and gasket, spring pads, boot, bump stop. Is part #2 something you got from the dealer or is there an online source available. BMA doesn't list it online but am I right in assuming that if I call they would have it?

Since it is my daily driver I would hate to get it apart over the weekend and find I want to replace this small but significant part.

BigKriss
01-05-2009, 07:33 AM
just send an e-mail to bma with the required part number

Thanks everyone! I was planning on replacing the mounting pad and gasket, spring pads, boot, bump stop. Is part #2 something you got from the dealer or is there an online source available. BMA doesn't list it online but am I right in assuming that if I call they would have it?

Since it is my daily driver I would hate to get it apart over the weekend and find I want to replace this small but significant part.