PDA

View Full Version : Road & Track article

Ross
01-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Pete Egan has long been my favorite automotive journalist. His Side Glances column in February's R&T has a BMW theme, albeit E46.

Bill R.
01-03-2009, 10:58 AM
link to the article? like this :)http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=26&article_id=7310

Pete Egan has long been my favorite automotive journalist. His Side Glances column in February's R&T has a BMW theme, albeit E46.

Ross
01-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I beg forgiveness

tim eh?
01-03-2009, 04:12 PM
"Our 1968 Volkswagen Beetle was getting a little tired. You could tell, because the engine blew up." LMAO... funny guy....

vince
01-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I still haven't received my copy of R & T yet.

Egan is the reason I subscribe to Road & Track and Cycle World. And also why I save the damn magazines rather than trash them....

vince

attack eagle
01-05-2009, 08:16 AM
I forgot how great a writer he was

"I could hear his car long before it hove into view, and suddenly a squat silver object came resonating up our driveway like a banshee howling through a cheap megaphone. On closer inspection, it turned out to be a slammed, much modified Honda Del Sol, apparently the latest addition to his varied and always unpredictable fleet of cars.

"Where did you get this thing?" I asked, reaching for the missing passenger door handle and finding only smooth, streamlined paint.

"I got it from a kid in Milwaukee. It was a pretty scary neighborhood, so I think that's why there are no door handles. It was a security measure."

"Neat," I said.

Chris popped the door open electronically, and we rocketed off into a clear, cool morning, the car filled with a hollow, droning exhaust note that reminded me of a Swiss alpenhorn played through a 100-watt Marshall stack. Off on another road adventure.

But not in this car, luckily."