PDA

View Full Version : Headlight assembly "takes offs"

vping
01-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Has anyone removed their stock headlight assemblies and wnat to part with them? I have a 1990 535I. It's not a show piece but a decent looking car and the headlights are either not working or cracked. The black frame around them is also cracked and recently I had something in the garage fall into one of the amber corner lights and it broke. Anything you might have sitting on a shelf collecting dust or if you've just taken off and are going to throw out, please don't and let me know.

Cheers
Vince

Russell
01-03-2009, 11:31 AM
driver's low (projector) and hi beam with mounting parts from a 95 530i, driver's side amber turn signal. Also plastic grills on both sides. One is a bad repro-think it is driver's side. Make offer for all.

bubba966
01-03-2009, 07:38 PM
driver's low (projector) and hi beam with mounting parts from a 95 530i, driver's side amber turn signal. Also plastic grills on both sides. One is a bad repro-think it is driver's side. Make offer for all.

As he's got a '90 he'll need the narrow grill mounting pieces rather than the wide grill pieces that were on the '95's & '94 V8's.

Though he can certainly pull the lights from that mounting and stick them into a narrow grill mount.

Russell
01-03-2009, 07:57 PM
As he's got a '90 he'll need the narrow grill mounting pieces rather than the wide grill pieces that were on the '95's & '94 V8's.

Though he can certainly pull the lights from that mounting and stick them into a narrow grill mount.
forgot about the wide vs narrow differences - Sorry

attack eagle
01-03-2009, 10:19 PM
think only the grills are differnt.

The headlight mounts are the same.

bubba966
01-04-2009, 09:16 AM
I shouldn't post when I'm almost asleep...

Sorry, yes. The buckets that the headlights mount to is the same across all years, narrow vs. wide. But the surround for them is different for narrow vs. wide.

Sounds like he needs the surround, possibly not the mounting.

And which side turn signal do you need?

vping
01-05-2009, 10:42 AM
IIRC, the drivers frame is cracked and both high beams are cracked. The Passenger turn signal is the broken one. I hear the bulbs might be only around $10 so maybe I'll just do that for now to have lights. I'm on a super tight budget with the economy that way it is so spending $ on aesthetics needs to be be put on hold.