PDA

View Full Version : Any of you use these wrenches?

Ross
01-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Santa brought a set of these. Combination wrech with a 90 deg twist. They look like they will be very comfortable to work with, can't wait to use them. Ooops, better be careful what I wish for.

bad_manners_god
01-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Santa brought a set of these. Combination wrech with a 90 deg twist. They look like they will be very comfortable to work with, can't wait to use them. Ooops, better be careful what I wish for.

Only thing with those wrenches is you can't use the 2 wrench trick since the open end is facing the wrong way.

Dave M
01-02-2009, 10:18 AM
They would be comfy. Not quite as stiff in higher torque situations, but not likely to happen too often.

I found a set of gear wrenches on sale (60% off) a few weeks ago and was using them on an M52 vanos job a day later. When my wife walked in the garage and noticed the new package, I was very proud to be holding a greasy one (gear wrench) :D

Dave

Tiger
01-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Gearwrenches are time saver. I have a set of them too. I thought about the new crossforce wrenches but I think I would have more issue with them as in tight spots... the wrench would interferes with obstructions...

If I had to buy just one set of wrenches... I'd probably shoot for the Gearwrench flex... which swivels... if money is tighter, then I'd opt for standard gearwrench... these are small enough to even get to tight spots.

Ross
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Only thing with those wrenches is you can't use the 2 wrench trick since the open end is facing the wrong way.
Actually if are referring to putting a larger wrench over another this looks preferrable as you aren't pressing against the narrow edge and fighting it from slippping around. I try not to do that stuff too much as it's just a knucklebuster waiting to happen.

Jeff N.
01-02-2009, 11:56 AM
+1 for Gearwenches with the flex head. Got some, love them.

Bill R.
01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
sk XXL flexhead gear wrenches even better than my regular gear wrenches. XXL as in Extra Extra Long.. lots of leverage , then i use the shorter ones.

+1 for Gearwenches with the flex head. Got some, love them.

bad_manners_god
01-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Actually if are referring to putting a larger wrench over another this looks preferrable as you aren't pressing against the narrow edge and fighting it from slippping around. I try not to do that stuff too much as it's just a knucklebuster waiting to happen.

Thats what I am reffering to. But because the open end of the wrench is facing the wrong way the second wrench you put on is going to be at a 90 degree angle away from the direction you want to go.