PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need a new rear screen John???

whiskychaser
12-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Son visited last night and left his car in the street off where I live. Its not a bad neighbourhood. Apart from the obvious shortage of parts somewhere, anybody seen anything like this outside a scrapyard?

whiskychaser
12-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Well i cant seem to post two pics at the same time so here's the other side:

632 Regal
12-30-2008, 02:43 PM
I doubt that was caused by a cigarette.

Ferret
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM
They tried stealing the rear screen?

Oh! Is it a rover?

Are parts really getting that hard to find these days?

whiskychaser
12-30-2008, 04:03 PM
They tried stealing the rear screen?

Oh! Is it a rover?

Are parts really getting that hard to find these days?

There are big chips round the edges of the glass where it looks like somebody tried to lever it out. I know the front one is bonded in but I cant remember about the back one. Yep its a Rover 416. If I thought it was that valuable we might not have given it to him!!:D

Ferret
12-30-2008, 05:12 PM
There are big chips round the edges of the glass where it looks like somebody tried to lever it out. I know the front one is bonded in but I cant remember about the back one. Yep its a Rover 416. If I thought it was that valuable we might not have given it to him!!:D

Lol, is it the "crap I just munched another head gasket" 1.6 or the honda transplant?

Also I just got the John reference :)

whiskychaser
12-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Lol, is it the "crap I just munched another head gasket" 1.6 or the honda transplant?

Also I just got the John reference :)

Be fair! Its the Honda. John reference? You mean dont turn up for dinner and blame it on a. Being caught doing 95 b. It wont start after a.? :D

Of course not. You mean eh, john, got a new motor? :D

Ross
12-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Sorry to laugh at your son's misfortune. This reminds me of an all night quest for a matching color hood to a friend's father's car when I was perhaps your boy's age.
Swapping a hood(bonnet)was a whole bunch easier than a backglass though. I suspect the unknowing donor was as mystified as you.

whiskychaser
12-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry to laugh at your son's misfortune. This reminds me of an all night quest for a matching color hood to a friend's father's car when I was perhaps your boy's age.
Swapping a hood(bonnet)was a whole bunch easier than a backglass though. I suspect the unknowing donor was as mystified as you.

Fck. If you have kids, were they at home last night Ross? :D

Ross
12-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Ha! Sorry, no.
Whisky, here is something discovered soon after my contraband smokes arrived for Christmas.

whiskychaser
12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Ha! Sorry, no.
Whisky, here is something discovered soon after my contraband smokes arrived for Christmas.
Impressed! Think I will copy the image in case somebody forgets how to spell it :D