PDA

View Full Version : Strange, I haven't had the 535i on my

Bill R.
12-23-2008, 04:55 PM
insurance policy for some time now and i put it back on since i decided to start driving it again... Adding it to the other 3 cars reduced them enough that it didn't cost anything to add the 535i , in fact i may have a slight rate reduction on the total. I haven't gotten the bill yet, so it will be interesting to see.

Paul in NZ
12-23-2008, 06:00 PM
hey Bill long time no hear.I cant quite figure out the rational there ,but good for you!Do al the cars live at the same spot or is there some split between home and the workshop?

Bill R.
12-23-2008, 07:06 PM
when splitting driving the 4 cars between the 2 of us they lowered the rates on each of the others and the total amount is the same or even less.... All the cars are at the same spot, but the truck and the 535 rarely get driven.

hey Bill long time no hear.I cant quite figure out the rational there ,but good for you!Do al the cars live at the same spot or is there some split between home and the workshop?

Ross
12-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Yup, sometimes a ficticious car on the policy can reduce the rate.

ryan roopnarine
12-26-2008, 09:51 AM
I don't know if you've ever heard or used this bill, but some insurance companies will let you add another car for a significantly smaller amount if you sign an affiadavit (sic) saying that the registered drivers will drive the vehicle less than 50% or 25% of the time (with respect to all other cars on the policy). if the actuarial values indicate that the likelihood that you'll be driving a less expensive vehicle during an accident are high, it might be worth it to them to let you have it.