PDA

View Full Version : WTB: gas tank for e34 (local NJ preferred but whatever)

saj3n
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
is it the actual tank or the hoses to the fuel filter? mine went a couple months ago.

E34 530
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Does it ever ****ing end? Once again for the third time in a couple years my gas tank is leaking. Anyone have one locally or anyone have one for sale?

Thanks, Andrew

bubba966
12-23-2008, 11:08 AM
What's going bad on your gas tanks? Are they rusting out?

If it's a rusting out issue due to road salt, etc. why not take it to Rhino Lining or one of the other bed liner companies and get them to coat the outside of the tank before you install the next one. I'd imagine that'd do a good job of preventing corrosion. What they use is rather chemical resistant and rather tough.

MBXB
12-23-2008, 12:08 PM
If you have the down time:

http://gastankrenu.com/

dennyg
12-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I have a tank from a 1992 535. Its not something that sells very easily so I could sell it to you cheap. Say twenty bucks plus shipping. Trouble is going to east coast via greyhound will probably be about 80 and you would have to pick it up at the depot. I am not sure but it may be illegal to ship so I would have to call it something else. All the regulations since nine eleven have put restrictions on shipping things.

I agree with the gas tank renew message too. I had this done to my truck and it will last longer then the truck will.

Tiger
12-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't think greyhound will allow that for shipping... gas vapor in the tank is quite explosive.

Bill R.
12-23-2008, 04:50 PM
let the 535 sit around too long without driving it and the fuel pump gunked up and quit, when i pulled the pump, lo and behold lots of fine rust all over the tank inside... I could clean it up but i can get a good clean used one here for 55 so i'll pick one up i guess... This fine 10% ethanol gas really helps to trap moisture in the tank.

Derek A.
12-25-2008, 02:43 AM
I already went through trying to patch a small leak in an e34 tank. It started leaking 4 months later. I just went and got a new tank. Was about $400 - but I figure it will last another 18 years without issue.