PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had their radiator fan break while driving?

kiNGMak
06-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Mine broke today while driving.. loud pop.. and mega vibrations! 2 blades(one section) broke free.. put a couple nice dents into my hood.. to make it all the better... ARGH!

Tiger
06-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Yep, I heard this happen on BMW only...

ryan roopnarine
06-03-2004, 08:26 AM
naw, but i saw a snuff pic of a guy that was driving a late 70s early 80's camaro z28 that had opened his hood and revved his engine and became impaled by the blade when it broke off....so i take it that this phenomenon isn't limited to e34s or bmws.

Mike H
06-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Mine broke today while driving.. loud pop.. and mega vibrations! 2 blades(one section) broke free.. put a couple nice dents into my hood.. to make it all the better... ARGH!
Yep, happened to me. Same dents too. My insurance covered it under my comprehensive.

Warren N.CA
06-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Apparently this happens routinely. Someday, somebody is going to be beheaded while working under the hood with the motor running.

MicahO
06-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Apparently this happens routinely. Someday, somebody is going to be beheaded while working under the hood with the motor running.