View Full Version : Winter sucks!

marek
12-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Winter sucks, as I won't be driving my E34 until late March at the earliest :(
Anyone else in the same boat?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y214/marekd174/M5Tdsside.jpg

Luftpost
12-19-2008, 08:28 PM
H*ll no! I bought mine to drive, not to look at in the garage. Sun, rain, snow, shine or whatever else nature throws at us. When I can't stand her anymore, I will buy a newer one.

I do agree with you though.....Winter does suck!

L.

Jehu
12-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Just took these a half hour ago..

http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/PICT0013a.BMP
http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/PICT0015a.BMP

KevinGoFast
12-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Agreed.

M20Turbo
12-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Nice photos, winter can suck, but I love to ski and snow is a must....

BMWDriver
12-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Perfect conditions to have a bit of fun and do some 180's or 360's...

That aside, it's much less depressing to me than a gray rainy winter. I can't help but find snowfall somewhat romantic when there's big snowflakes falling; things kind of get quiet. I just love going skating in Old Montreal.

Looks like we're in for another very snowy winter again this year...

tim eh?
12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
One of the reasons why I don't want to lower the suspension nor add a spoiler, since it's my one and only car. We're having exceptional snowfalls again this year.

+1 no way i want to lower my car, i bought it mostly for winter use!

632 Regal
12-21-2008, 05:11 PM
bit of fun at times, here we have almost a foot of snow...unplowed for a mile with ice under that. Front spoiler is like a mini plow that really hinders steering. If there is oncoming trafic it gets even more challanging. At the end is a nice hill and if you make it up and there is traffic you are completely fubared.

Perfect conditions to have a bit of fun and do some 180's or 360's...

That aside, it's much less depressing to me than a gray rainy winter. I can't help but find snowfall somewhat romantic when there's big snowflakes falling; things kind of get quiet. I just love going skating in Old Montreal.

Looks like we're in for another very snowy winter again this year...

Jehu
12-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice photos, winter can suck, but I love to ski and snow is a must....

We got more today than then.I'm about to head out and shoot a few more...

BMWDriver
12-21-2008, 06:36 PM
bit of fun at times, here we have almost a foot of snow...unplowed for a mile with ice under that. Front spoiler is like a mini plow that really hinders steering. If there is oncoming trafic it gets even more challanging. At the end is a nice hill and if you make it up and there is traffic you are completely fubared.

One of the reasons why I don't want to lower the suspension nor add a spoiler, since it's my one and only car. We're having exceptional snowfalls again this year.

Jehu
12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I just have to give credit to the engineers of the ASC+T system.. I was just out driving on roads with 4-6 inches of snow,still snowing heavily with just the ruts from other drivers thru the deep snow. On these new Fuzion HRi all season tires I was bombing past 4 x 4s with minimal input at the steering wheel I just flew,it was awesome,lol
http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/icey.JPG

I had meant to take pics but just couldn't find any safe way to do it and the spot where those others were shot was being cleared by front end loaders.. so I just went cruising..

bubba966
12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I just have to give credit to the engineers of the ASC+T system.. I was just out driving on roads with 4-6 inches of snow,still snowing heavily with just the ruts from other drivers thru the deep snow. On these new Fuzion HRi all season tires I was bombing past 4 x 4s with minimal input at the steering wheel I just flew,it was awesome,lol

Am guessing that you turned the ASC throttle control off to do that. Does work nice when you put it into that mode.

But as nice as it is you've still got to have tires that can handle the snow. And the PS2's I've got on right now don't work so well in all of the fresh snow we've been getting lately, even with the ASC in "snow mode" and the tranny locked into 3rd or 4th...

Jehu
12-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Am guessing that you turned the ASC throttle control off to do that. Does work nice when you put it into that mode.

But as nice as it is you've still got to have tires that can handle the snow. And the PS2's I've got on right now don't work so well in all of the fresh snow we've been getting lately, even with the ASC in "snow mode" and the tranny locked into 3rd or 4th...

manual tranny helps too but ya had it in the throttle control off. I was worried I'd have lost or forgotten the aptitude I'd developed last winter but I was pumped to find i could still handle it..

bubba966
12-21-2008, 10:04 PM
manual tranny helps too but ya had it in the throttle control off. I was worried I'd have lost or forgotten the aptitude I'd developed last winter but I was pumped to find i could still handle it..

The Auto in my M-Sport has a manual mode. So I'd been driving around in 3rd pretty much all of the time. Occasionally would downshift to 2nd if needed, and sometimes I had to start in 4th.

Worked for me most of last week. But we've got too much new snow on top of solid ice for me to get around now. Actually now the snow is too deep for the car, even if I didn't have PS2's on it.

BuckNaked
12-21-2008, 10:11 PM
at least she's safe from the rookie drivers in the muck...

Jehu
12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
at least she's safe from the rookie drivers in the muck...

...surely you wen't refering to moi,lol.

...seriously I've been driving as a rush courier 50,000 miles per the last twelve years in New England.. i may be many things but rookie wouldn't be one of them..:D

repenttokyo
12-21-2008, 10:27 PM
drove from Boston to southern Quebec today in the F150, 2wd all the way, heavy snow but no issues maintaining 65 miles per hour on good winter tires, even through the mountains. Traffic was very light.

93AlpineII
12-23-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm with you--took me too long to find M5 in this condition. I don't drive it in rain or snow but will on milder, dry winter days (not many here in Louisville). I am a believer in getting the engine oil to full running temp at least once a week. Sometimes tough but like anything, it needs to be used to get longevity.