PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an intake boot

632 Regal
12-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Anyone have an intake boot for a 530 laying around? Part # 2 in the real oem picture. PM me or reply here, going out to see if I can tape mine together.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/y/z/230.png

632 Regal
12-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Hot glue gun is a miracle tool until it gets hot. Rebooted and get a 1222...sigh. This is what happens when you replace all intake gaskets except the front plate.

RockJock
12-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Mine ripped the other day when I replaced the air filter. Temp fix: duct tape, did the trick :D....

so, I'm also currently looking for a replacement intake boot (M30)...

shogun
12-16-2008, 08:03 PM
textile reinforced tape, even fixes radiator hoses. Army approved stuff is best.
http://autorepair.about.com/od/roadsiderepairs/qt/ducttape_hose.htm
Example:

Rescue TapeŽ is a self-bonding silicone tape with no adhesive. When stretched and wrapped under tension, it instantly bonds to itself, creating an air-tight, water-tight seal that's resistant to oils, fuels, acids, solvents, salt water, road salt, and UV rays, and takes minutes or even seconds to permanently fuse together. It never gets gummy or sticky like electrical tape or duct tape and resists temperatures up to 500° F.

Rescue TapeŽ withstands pressure up to 700 psi, so it easily repairs a radiator hose, heater hose, fuel lines, exhaust hose, air hoses, water lines, or just about anything that you can wrap it around, and even works over wet, dirty or oily surfaces. http://www.scalisemarine.com/rescuetape.htm

632 Regal
12-17-2008, 04:37 PM
mine disintegrated on the bottom side, duct tape would not seal because of a tubing nipple thingy. Hot glue worked great.

Mine ripped the other day when I replaced the air filter. Temp fix: duct tape, did the trick :D....

so, I'm also currently looking for a replacement intake boot (M30)...

joshuagore
12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey there is a 530 at the junk yard, I am heading out either Thursday afternoon/evening, or Saturday morning. Do you still need it?

Josh

632 Regal
12-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Josh,

Considering it yes, new one is running around 65 bux for the piece of plastic and my Cr card is locked from fraudulent activity so paypal is all I have at the moment. If it seems to be good snag it for me. Mine dried from heat I assume on the lower section and flaked onto the ground when I touched it. If good PM me

Jeff

Hey there is a 530 at the junk yard, I am heading out either Thursday afternoon/evening, or Saturday morning. Do you still need it?

Josh

joshuagore
12-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Josh,

Considering it yes, new one is running around 65 bux for the piece of plastic and my Cr card is locked from fraudulent activity so paypal is all I have at the moment. If it seems to be good snag it for me. Mine dried from heat I assume on the lower section and flaked onto the ground when I touched it. If good PM me

Jeff

I was home early from work after a meeting went short, but I was disappointed to find the local pick and pull has 'winter' hours. I will go Saturday, and assuming its in half way decent shape I will snag it.

Josh

KevinGoFast
12-19-2008, 10:41 PM
That was so funny man. They are crazy...

joshuagore
12-21-2008, 09:56 AM
It didn't look like the one you had pictured. The portion closest to the manifold was aluminum and the part closest to the maf was plastic. I will post a picture soon.

Josh

bubba966
12-21-2008, 10:19 AM
The boot is different on ASC+T equipped vehicles. Jeff, does your 530 have ASC+T?

632 Regal
12-21-2008, 12:22 PM
no ASC mine has the bonus plastic piece

The boot is different on ASC+T equipped vehicles. Jeff, does your 530 have ASC+T?

Tiger
12-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Wow... I don't remember paying that much for it... I don't know. I doubt I still have mine, but if I do see it, I'll let you know. Mine was ripped at the big connection by the intake... where clamps go over it.

632 Regal
12-21-2008, 04:56 PM
crazy cost for a piece of plastic, easy to find at 95 bux. 65 is on the lower side, oem says 50 something but I cant get anything on the site to work as in shopping cart...

Wow... I don't remember paying that much for it... I don't know. I doubt I still have mine, but if I do see it, I'll let you know. Mine was ripped at the big connection by the intake... where clamps go over it.

bubba966
12-21-2008, 07:00 PM
That thing is surprisingly spendy. Looked at the best place to get OE parts, Tischer BMW (getbmwparts.com) and they wanted $75 for it (BMW part). Figured you could get an aftermarket one cheaper at a place like Pelican ($80 for aftermarket) or Autohaus ($75 for aftermarket). BAVAuto must've had the OE one as they wanted the full on $94 for it.

Glad the ASC+T version is cheaper ($45 @ Tischer) as I'm sure I'll need one at some point...

632 Regal
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM
maybe cheaper to convert to the aluminum version and not need to bother with plastic... will look into this angle.

That thing is surprisingly spendy. Looked at the best place to get OE parts, Tischer BMW (getbmwparts.com) and they wanted $75 for it (BMW part). Figured you could get an aftermarket one cheaper at a place like Pelican ($80 for aftermarket) or Autohaus ($75 for aftermarket). BAVAuto must've had the OE one as they wanted the full on $94 for it.

Glad the ASC+T version is cheaper ($45 @ Tischer) as I'm sure I'll need one at some point...

bubba966
12-21-2008, 09:49 PM
maybe cheaper to convert to the aluminum version and not need to bother with plastic... will look into this angle.

You mean add the ASC throttle body to eliminate the bend in the plastic pipe by using the ASC intake boot?

Derek A.
12-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Call All European 248-399-9211

winfred
12-22-2008, 12:17 AM
65 ain't bad, i just looked it up to see if i could do anything and even if i sold it at cost it would be the same with shipping, el-cheapo aftermarket costs me 55 and oe is 70

crazy cost for a piece of plastic, easy to find at 95 bux. 65 is on the lower side, oem says 50 something but I cant get anything on the site to work as in shopping cart...

joshuagore
12-22-2008, 12:07 PM
no ASC mine has the bonus plastic piece

The car in the yard is asc. Sorry :(

Josh