PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Control unit for late-model USA E34 OE Alpine security system?

BMWCCA1
12-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Anyone have a line on a spare control unit for the BMWNA stock Alpine keyless-entry system used with the three-button remote fobs? I have a friend in DC with a '95 525i and his tech tells him the control unit is bad. I know it's used on all E36 and most non-4.0L E34s probably from something like 1992-on-up. Any used/parted pieces around on this list?

Got to lock those doors in the District!

Thanks.

attack eagle
12-08-2008, 08:39 PM
huh?

control unit?

what is that?

the brain or the remote?

remote = keyless rides, about 55 bucks non oem and 105 oem

brains are about 40-65 bucks on ebay.

BMWCCA1
12-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Control unit = brain

key fob = remote

Haven't seen any of the controls for the 3-button system on Ebay. Those are the ones you program with the chip from the remote fob but don't have a chip installed during operation. Used on all North American E34 525i-530i from 1995 M.Y. on-back until the one-button system.

I just figured some of you hopped-up kids might have yanked the original to replace it with some talking system that makes the doors dance, or something. Or maybe you just need some Christmas cash? :D

Heck, I'm not even sure I believe his tech's diagnosis.

But, thanks.

attack eagle
12-08-2008, 10:26 PM
eail someof the junkyards that sell on ebay. I sold mine complete for $40 a long time ago. cost more for the remote than for a real alarm.

BMWCCA1
12-09-2008, 12:34 AM
email some of the junkyards that sell on ebay. I sold mine complete for $40 a long time ago. cost more for the remote than for a real alarm.Yeah, I just figured someone here might want to dump one. Thanks, but it's not for me and if it takes calling the junk yards, I'll let the lazy owner do that. Apparently the tech didn't have the time. :D