PDA

View Full Version : Auto display playing up

ric5s
12-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Hi Guys, Been doing a bit of running around in the 34 and finding little issues here and there. My lastest has got me buggered, the display panel for the auto, what gear and mode will be as clear as day in the morning with all pixels working but after 10 minutes driving to work i'll lose about 1/2 of them and at 15 minutes i'll lose the lot. After work and heading home I will still have nothing, but the next morning bright as new. (like groudhog day in my dash) Anyone had this issue and resolved it?
Regards Ric

bmwrp8
12-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Hi Guys, Been doing a bit of running around in the 34 and finding little issues here and there. My lastest has got me buggered, the display panel for the auto, what gear and mode will be as clear as day in the morning with all pixels working but after 10 minutes driving to work i'll lose about 1/2 of them and at 15 minutes i'll lose the lot. After work and heading home I will still have nothing, but the next morning bright as new. (like groudhog day in my dash) Anyone had this issue and resolved it?
Regards Ric

mine's like that before.. opened the cluster cleaned all the contacts (be careful not to rip the thin film in the c.c. display) with eraser and contact cleaner. been almost a year still works great:)

ric5s
12-03-2008, 05:19 AM
Cheers for the tip, will give it a clean out and see if it comes good.
Regards Ric