PDA

View Full Version : Could've been worse... much much worse!

BuckNaked
11-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Hydroplaned on a thruway exit. I thought I had it under control, but I ended up over compensating and glanced the 'jersey' barrier with the passenger side wheels and kissed the wall with the front bumper.
So, sometime between now and spring I am going to be on the hunt for a front bumper assembly, just the vinyl cladding ( I don't know what else to call it) from an e34. I'd love to catch an original M5 front, but I know those are a tad rare and somewhat pricey.
Also, I am going to need at least one style 32, the rear 17 x 9 et26. If I can find a clean 17 x 8 et20, I will take that, too, since the one I currently have as a spare has some curbage issues.
Amazingly, there was no other damage to the car at all. Friggin' tank that it is. I am certain any other car would have eaten it big time. Oh, and as far as the Kumho Ecsta ASX... never again. Michelin's for this boy and his toy from now on.
Bottom line, if any of my fellow bimmernutz have a line on these items, by all means, give me a shout, I would be extremely grateful.

whiskychaser
11-28-2008, 06:27 PM
However skillfull you are I dont think you can compensate for hydroplaning. Its clench your buttocks and hang on for the ride time. Damage doesnt look too bad and you are in a position to post. So I'd say thats a result x 2. I recommend a very large glass of Arthur Bell's to celebrate both. Or lose the car keys and have seconds

Bo525i
11-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Minor crack.. ;)