PDA

View Full Version : Garage Door Opener by Flashing Brights.

Rick L
11-27-2008, 09:03 PM
My E34 didn't come with garage door opener so I picked this item from EAS. You flash your brights twice and it will trigger and open or close your garage door or gate. It works great!!! :D

http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=619

http://www.europeanautosource.com/images/f2p_main.jpg

Tiger
11-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Great... now all your neighbors will know how to open your garage... "Why the heck is Rick L flashing his own garage every single time he pull up?"

bad_manners_god
11-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Great... now all your neighbors will know how to open your garage... "Why the heck is Rick L flashing his own garage every single time he pull up?"

That's what I thought at first also. But when I re-read it, flashing the high beams twice is what trigger's the door opener signal from the car.

The light's themselves have no meaning.

632 Regal
11-28-2008, 12:41 AM
LOL

The light's themselves have no meaning.

I wondered if those things work. My door is open half the time when I get home anyways so I wouldnt need it much :p

Jehu
11-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Works on Red Lights for me... only on modern traffic lights though which employ a sensor to recognize approaching traffic and not sub-asphault pads to sense weight . try it..

632 Regal
11-28-2008, 12:55 AM
No Sheet? Like an ambulance or the feds? Now I want to get the hookup, no more dodging late yellow lights! whoot!
Works on Red Lights for me... only on modern traffic lights though which employ a sensor to recognize approaching traffic and not sub-asphault pads to sense weight . try it..

Rick L
11-28-2008, 03:03 AM
I don't think you read how this thing works... There are two parts; transmitter and receiver. You install the transmitter in your car that connects to your wiring for the brights. Receiver connects to the garage door opener inside your house. When you quickly flash your brights twice (must be twice), transmitter sends RF signal to the receiver and it triggers to open the garage door. Receivers are programmable to match transmitters (all coding in transmitters are different so you will never have the same code). This thing works great!!! My neighbor might think someone at home is actually opening my garage door after I flash my brights few times. :p

Ross
11-28-2008, 09:39 AM
How much good stuff may I now rifle from your garage??

Tiger
11-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Ahh... okay... I see.

Rick L
11-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Did I mention that they also make booby trap alarm system? :)

How much good stuff may I now rifle from your garage??

BMWDriver
11-28-2008, 03:19 PM
And if I flash a car in front of me on the highway, twice, his trunk opens ?

Rick L
11-28-2008, 05:27 PM
If he has a receiver installed to open his trunk. :p

And if I flash a car in front of me on the highway, twice, his trunk opens ?

ryan roopnarine
11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
i dream of jeanie already covered this sometime in the 60s. i don't think that this will work out well for you.:D maybe it will, but there will be plenty of hi-jinks and hilarity in the interim.

attack eagle
12-01-2008, 12:07 AM
you could have also installed it on the (now) useless phonebook switch...

Rick L
12-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Actually, you can install it to any 12v trigger. But I think the flashing of the brights is pretty cool. :D

you could have also installed it on the (now) useless phonebook switch...