PDA

View Full Version : bad deal cont....

mrbmw1
06-02-2004, 09:23 AM
when I saw the way the tow company pulled my car out of there shop with a forklift and just rammed it under the front and dragged the car out to be taken to the shop,then he said it was burned up I was leary but also given the way the car was handled right in front of me who knoews what they did to tow it 25miles
I drove the car out of the street with the front bumper jammed against it
and I don't think you can do that w/ a bad tranny we couldn't even push it w/out pulling the bumper when we got it to the shop.

I need suggestions on how to handle this he wants a full refund and send my parts back

AZ_Jason_S
06-02-2004, 09:46 AM
If you refund the money, do you have any way to verify the tranny he returns was yours? Serial Numbers? I mean, he could do the swap and send you his bad tranny back. If you decide to refund, I would tell him, he has to pay return shipping, upon receipt and verification that he sent your parts, you will refund the purchase price only. I wouldn't pay any shipping thats the buyers problem. You should probably have stated up front "As is, where is".

Tiger
06-02-2004, 09:46 AM
170K on your tranny and you sold it? Wow. The way it work in real world is 'As is' providing you know you sold him a good working tranny. I doubt you jot down the serial number of the tranny you sold him... if you did, that's awesome.

I am wondering if the buyer is attempting to do a switch and return on you.

The other thing I am wondering... the tow truck... did they use a flatbed or did they use the D-hook... if D hook, then were they rolling on your rear wheel? If so, then your tranny is burned up.

Unregistered
06-02-2004, 10:00 AM
If you refund the money, do you have any way to verify the tranny he returns was yours? Serial Numbers? I mean, he could do the swap and send you his bad tranny back. If you decide to refund, I would tell him, he has to pay return shipping, upon receipt and verification that he sent your parts, you will refund the purchase price only. I wouldn't pay any shipping thats the buyers problem. You should probably have stated up front "As is, where is".
I wanted the boards advice because I'm thinking the same thing because I bought several parts and sold all parts (from the same car)and never had a problem all the and wanted to helpout w the extra stuff and now its bitting me in the ass

On the note of knowing every one & then some asked about the engine which I wouldn't attempt to sell until because nicklesil block thats just me as a person.

Tiger
06-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Another thing... I wondered if he even installed the tranny... the mechanic said burnt tranny... was that determined by just draining the tranny fluid? Because the fluid will look totally Black... and look like burnt.