PDA

View Full Version : They have good weed in Canada? This guy's smoking something...

Robin-535im
11-25-2008, 12:10 PM
M5 for sale in Canada (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140284400198)

122k miles, extensive mods, buy it now for only $28k!

Black 535i
11-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Why the US gauges rather than the km ones dominant? I'd offer 10K less and then maybe even rethink that. "Pictures cannot do it justice" - does that mean he is hiding something? Sounds fishy!

Black 535i
11-25-2008, 12:20 PM
...they do have good weed in Canada!

tim eh?
11-25-2008, 12:25 PM
"Factory radio and amp included"

oooooh , wow

what was the question?

ah yes... one moment....

+1

Tiger
11-25-2008, 12:49 PM
But hey! His alternator works! ;)

Black 535i
11-25-2008, 12:54 PM

whiskychaser
11-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Think somebody got ripped off with the new paint job. That said, you must get some special accessories in Canada cos its so cold:

Bra and indoor flanel lined,

Definitely one to impress the ladies

Ross
11-25-2008, 01:06 PM
"On display at the Moterey Historics", in the car park sporting a For Sale sign perhaps

Dave M
11-25-2008, 01:43 PM

Strange that guages aren't metric, but a realoem type vin check won't distinguish b/w US and Canadian markets.

tim eh?
11-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Strange that guages aren't metric, but a realoem type vin check won't distinguish b/w US and Canadian markets.

hmmm..... how many 'miles' on that 'canadian' car?

But hey! His alternator works! ;)

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40616000/jpg/_40616282_low_getty300.jpg

actually i could say the same thing

-New alternator
-Many other spare parts
-Car needs very little to be perfect

plus i probably get better mileage!

heh... just noticed the rest of the stereo... silly me

ILoveMPower
11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Whats the problem here? Surely it's largely overpriced, but it's a gorgeous example and tastefully modded as well IMO.

repenttokyo
11-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Think somebody got ripped off with the new paint job. That said, you must get some special accessories in Canada cos its so cold:

Bra and indoor flanel lined,

Definitely one to impress the ladies

we do, actually, like headlight washers and rear headrests.

The guages not being metric is bizarre, I have never seen a Canadian car without them.

He has been trying to sell this car for a long time now. There are always people trying to cash in on the BMW name. The worst is that dude in Ontario who operates a garage that seems to specialize in importing BMWs and fleecing customers with ridiculous prices.

BMWDriver
11-25-2008, 02:11 PM
My gauges don't show mph at all. Must have switched the cluster, is my guess. Unless of course it's not a Canadian spec car, or Dinan did not mod Canadian spec cars but exported this one that was then converted to Canadian specs.

I remember seeing an M5 imported from Germany that the seller was asking 21K for in the Greater Toronto area (Canadian currency mind you).

Well, this would fit nicely in a collector's garage.

Too bad, not enough pics of the interior. Should not the spare be an 18 inch wheel ?

I'm definitely jealous, but I still love my car.

Black 535i
11-25-2008, 02:46 PM
All vehicles sold in Canada since 1989 have been mandated to have drl's installed regardless of country of origin. For some reason the US does not do this. The car companies claim it will cost them too much per car. Funny though that when they export the same vehicles to Europe these features are installed without an argument.

Dave M
11-25-2008, 02:56 PM
My two questions to the seller:

1) Why not metric guages?
2) Why two or three times the average M5 price?

The reply:

It was federalized, so the gauge panel was replaced. The asking price is due to the condition and show quality. You can find these all day long to 10k, but will have to invest another 20-40k to make it equal. Trust me I know!

Dave

Tiger
11-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Lol

JD525IA
11-25-2008, 03:55 PM

the thing being done know is smuggling in the high quality seeds to the US and growing it in grow houses. Hiding some compact seeds is much easier than the wacky tobacky!

repenttokyo
11-25-2008, 04:35 PM
All vehicles sold in Canada since 1989 have been mandated to have drl's installed regardless of country of origin. For some reason the US does not do this. The car companies claim it will cost them too much per car. Funny though that when they export the same vehicles to Europe these features are installed without an argument.

actually, it's 91 in terms of import law.

there are a lot of US cars with DRL's, especially in the last 5 years.

repenttokyo
11-25-2008, 04:36 PM
it Was Federalized, So The Gauge Panel Was Replaced. The Asking Price Is Due To The Condition And Show Quality. You Can Find These All Day Long To 10k, But Will Have To Invest Another 20-40k To Make It Equal. Trust Me I Know!

Lol!!!!

tim eh?
11-25-2008, 05:31 PM
It was federalized, so the gauge panel was replaced. The asking price is due to the condition and show quality. You can find these all day long to 10k, but will have to invest another 20-40k to make it equal. Trust me I know!

haha - that's not bad actually, $15k of that was for a paint scratch. i wonder what he paid for his alternator!

actually, it's 91 in terms of import law.

i was wondering why i didn't have those... guess i made the last boat in.

the thing being done know is smuggling in the high quality seeds to the US and growing it in grow houses. Hiding some compact seeds is much easier than the wacky tobacky!

that's ridiculous, hasn't anyone told you guys the seeds grow on the plants?

i don't understand the deal anyway, you can make oil (for cars) out of it. you'd think somebody would wake up one day. silly people, we are.

****- it does look really nice tho, the car....

Montreal525
11-25-2008, 06:04 PM
[I]It was federalized, so the gauge panel was replaced.

If this is a canadian car and it was imported to the U.S. and federalized , then that statement is true. All cars federalized in the U.S. MUST have their cluster in MPH. For a canadian car, than means a mandatory change in cluster. My friend learned the hard way when he moved to Florida and brought his Mercedes CLK with him and he had to change the cluster to comply with the U.S. law, even if the MPH were visible on the speedo and he could switch the odometer in miles... He was quite pissed... No such rule if you bring a U.S. car over here, you can keep it in miles if you like...

That being said, it's still a very good looking car... As long as someone doesn't lie about a car, he can ask wathever he wants... It's still worth as much as somebody is willing to pay for it...

Jeff

ThoreauHD
11-26-2008, 12:36 AM
I've been looking for one of those 3.8 liter M5's. His car is nice, but it doesn't blow my skirt up. I'm afraid I'd pay only 10K for that car. Trust me. I know!

If he can ignore a worldwide depression and keep his chin up maybe he's go a shot at that price... yea

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z48/thatredheadedchick/hell-freezes-over.jpg